Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NCharge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2013, 02:15 AM
    How much should I charge per square foot to clean a newly constructed house?
    I would like to start a cleaning service for new construction houses in the Spring Hill, TN area. How much should I charge per square foot for a total interior cleaning, including windows? If more than one cleaning is needed before the new home owner moves in, how do I charge for each cleaning service after the first cleaning cost? Do I charge again per square foot or per hour?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 08:13 AM
    You estimate and charge per hour, same as every other residential/commercial cleaning venture.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Everyone I know that does cleaning says never charge by the hour, charge by the job.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 09:47 AM
    If you charge by the job, you are losing money. If the job goes into over time, that is where you lose it. If you charge by the hour, after estimating the square footage, you have a contingency.

I am charged by cleaners by the hour.

So how come you never mentioned this in my other answers regarding cleaning residential or commercial? You must have seen them, you answer almost everything here.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 09:49 AM
    I guess I missed them.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 12:53 PM
    One of the reasons I say you have to figure out all your expenses, and what all the job entails, etc... rather than hourly rate is because as you said it can take longer. When you do that type of cleaning you generally have to bid the total before getting the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much do I charge per square foot cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am sarting a cleaning service How much do I charge per sq ft And how much do I charge per sq foot for a construction clean

How much $ should I charge for Square foot Painting [ 2 Answers ]

I just am looking to find out how much I should charge per square foot to paint an interior job. The house is occupied

What do I charge per square foot for cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am starting a residential and office cleaning business. I want to charge by the square foot. How much per square foot do I charge for a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly cleaning for offices and residential homes? I also would like to know how much to charge for a fitness gym. Thanks

View more questions Search