Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikegunnar1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2013, 05:14 PM
    Severance pay negotiation
    Should I write up a formal negotiation to what they offered me or should I just verbally present it in person to HR?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2013, 05:49 PM
    Definitely in writing...

Though I've never heard of a negotiation for anyone but high level executives. And its usually in their contract.

For most people its written into the company policy... and isn't negotiable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severance pay [ 2 Answers ]

Pennsylvania labor law question: salaried employee. My job/position was eliminated after 40 years of service on 10 June 2013 without prior warning. I was offered a severence payment of approximately 1/3 my set salary. Are there any laws requiring a predesignated severance pay %? I was told by...

Severance Pay [ 3 Answers ]

I received 3 weeks severance pay from my company that I was laid off last July. The company sent my W-2, but I didn't receive a severance form from them. Neither did the others I asked that were also laid off. So? Does that mean then I shouldn't worry about it?

Negotiation of a severance package [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was recently fired from a very lucrative position based on a false allegation. Rather than investigate the allegation, the executive fired him, had him forcibly removed from his office, and removed him from the company website. That was Thursday. The decision to fire my husband was...

Severance Pay [ 3 Answers ]

My former employer has defaulted on our signed severance agreement by having insufficient funds for my severance check to clear. In other words, my severance check bounced. I have notified the District Attorney's office and the Department of Labor. Can I file a summons and complaint and have him...

View more questions Search