Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MDH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Goat away
    Hi,
    Nice forum. My name is Michael and my wife and I just bought a house in the country. Absolutely love everything about it.Except for a neighbors goat! I have tried numerous times to cath our new neighbor at home to discuss this but have failed so far.

She has beautiful Horses, and Swans, and chickens , etc.. This Goat runs free and has been coming on my front porch and trying to get into everything. I have been very patient for the 3 weeks we have been there, but am fast losing my patience. I have yelled and threw rocks at him and he keeps coming back,my little girl is scared to play much outside.

Is there anything to keeps these things away from my house and out of my yard? Repellent? Something, anything?

Thanks
    Michael :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2005, 08:00 AM
    Fortunately I have never had a problem like that. There is an extensive thread here on repeling cats. Maybe some of the suggestions there might help with goats. I would hope the local authorities would take the problem seriously. Are there other people annoyed by the goat?
    MDH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2005, 08:23 AM
    Thanks labman,

I am directly across the street from him, the next house is about a mile away, so I do not know if anyone else has had to deal with him or not.I am going to try the civil approach and leave them a letter in the mailbox asking them to do something first, then I do not know where I will go next.
    piperfan28 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2005, 04:27 PM
    I would assume that if the neighbour was notified that he/she would stop the problem. Your neighbour probably doesn't even know that there is a problem. Leave a letter or look for a time when he/she is home. I'm sorry I can't suggest much else. I had a similar problem with a neighbours dog that continuosly escaped and ravaged my yard. It happened for weeks until finally I caught them at home and told them of my problem. They were unaware that 'Hoover' was getting out and fixed their yard so he wouldn't escape. Goodluck and I hope you get the results that you want.

-Blair-
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2005, 06:01 PM
    Surely not the Hoover I knew. He was a black Lab named for his eating problems. He passed them of for several generations. Horrible, awful, much worse than the typical Lab gluttons.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 20, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Tell the person what is going on.Many times the owners don't realize a pet has done something wrong.We had pigs that are almost the worst animals to keep penned up,they terrorized our neighborhood.We got rid of them.

As moderator, I would rather not have the forum cluttered with old questions like this. Look at the dates.

Labman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Goat Milk Soap [ 1 Answers ]

What (dis)advantages does it have over the regulars?

Briggs&Stratton Billy Goat Pull Start broken [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, my billy goat pull start is stuffed. When I pull it it goes floppy and won't wind back onto the wheel. Its happened before but when I've taken the top plate off it wound back on and I hadn't had trouble with it, until now. Is there anything I can do ?:confused:

View more questions Search