Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyndon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2013, 12:55 AM
    Ball corp pension buyout of plainfield plant employees
    When the plant closed I was 40 yrs. Old and had 20 yrs.at the plant. My buyout was less than 10 grand. At the time I was told the low amount was due to my young age. I thought it was just a company getting by cheap. I recently talked to other former employees because we are all nearing retirement age. They were shocked at the low amount of my buyout. These people are the same age as me and had the same amount of time at the plant as me. One said they got "significantly more" than 10 g's. Another said they got 10's of thousands more than I did. How do I find out if there was a mistake made, or how the amounts where calculated? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much : Don
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 19, 2013, 05:49 AM
    You have to go back to the company and ask that you be shown how your benefit was calculated. At the time you should have gotten a statement that showed how it was calculated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex did not transfer all stock in close corp-still responsible corp debt? [ 0 Answers ]

I was to receive all stock in 2 closely held corps in div settlement.Years ago when we formed trusts we voided original 100 in his personal name, issued 2 new for 50 each to each of our trusts. He filed amended FA I never saw claiming owned 150 as he never signed bk of 100, claimed nonmarital, as...

Marimo ball aquatic plant [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to improve the growing rate of Marimo ball with fastest speed? What nutrients can be provided?

Me and my spouse own 100% of stock in my c corp. Can the corp pay us dividends? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it deductible to my corporation and how do I compute this number

Which companies in the 1970s stoled their employees pension plans? [ 3 Answers ]

Which companies in the 1970s stoled their employees pension plans?

View more questions Search