Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Mar 28, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Make new rough sheets soft
    Does anyone know how to make new sheets soft? I bought some for my daughter and they are so rough, they hurt my face to lay on them-I realize the spending more money for higher quality but she just had to have the blue tiger striped ones :rolleyes: . I have washed and dried them about 3 times to no avail. Help!
    newhomeowner1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Did you try fabric softener when you wash, I recommend Downty. I buy the cheap sheets myself, and they are hard at first, but using Downty helps tremendously!
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

May 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Yeah, I tried fabric softeners-didn't work!
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrscoltweaver
    Does anyone know how to make new sheets soft?? I bought some for my daughter and they are so rough, they hurt my face to lay on them-I realize the spending more money for higher quality but she just had to have the blue tiger striped ones :rolleyes: . I have washed and dried them about 3 times to no avail. Help!
    Next time you wash them put in about 2-4 tablespoons of salt in the washer during the agitate cycle then shut it off and let it soak for about an hour. Then let it finish washing and you should be fine... That usually works...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

9 foot sheets of drywall [ 5 Answers ]

Do they make drywall in 9 foot lengths for walls with a 9 foot ceiling?

Soft sided portable above ground swimming pools [ 4 Answers ]

I'm thinking of buying an above ground swimming pool. I saw on the internet the one I wanted 12x17 x 53inch from reallyezpools - but on another site there was a consumer warning about them - Has anyone here bought one and can tell me what they thought of it? thanks louise

Turtle with soft shell [ 2 Answers ]

I bought two baby turles two weeks ago, and they both have soft shells. What can I do to help them, they just started to eat this week.

Balance Sheets [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a treasurer for a club at the local college. I'm just finishing up my year so I can return the books to the advisor and I just have one problem. My Cash in Bank Doesn't equal my capital. Any Suggestions? Balance Sheet Assets Cash in Bank $3840.77 Total...

View more questions Search