Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beplmi Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Accounting Degree
    I am very interested in becoming an accountant. I have just started taking accounting classes at my community college. I do not want to transfer to a university.

What college is best in Michigan for this?
    How can I be successful is this business?
    And what is some good advice I should take with me?

Thank you.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 06:05 PM
    You may need to research the reputation of your local educational institutions

Accounting is a profession and requires professional training and accreditation if you are going to conduct an accounting business. I don't know the standards of a community college in your region but the likelihood is they can only conduct introductary or fundamental training which may not lead to professional accreditation or may only allow accreditation by a lesser institute

I would suggest you complete the course you have started, since dilligence is well respected in accounting and then undertake a university course to obtain professional acceditation. Remember that in accounting integrity is your most important attribute

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Degree [ 0 Answers ]

I am very interested in becoming an accountant. I have just started taking accounting classes at my community college. I do not want to transfer to a university. What college is best in Michigan for this? How can I be successful is this business? And what is some good advice I should take...

How to get degree after diploma of Banking & Accounting [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 years diploma in Banking from High Institute for Banking & Financial Studies and I need to upgrade to Bsc

Anyone with an Accounting Bachelors degree? (Is Accounting hard?) [ 2 Answers ]

First off, I went back a few pages to see if a similar question has been asked recently and didn't see anything except actual accounting questions mostly. I am very interested all of a sudden in getting a Bachelors degree in Accounting. I will admit that I am sort of introverted and the thought...

Complete 3 year management degree ( accounting ) & got TR until march 2011. Now I want [ 2 Answers ]

Complete 3 year management degree ( accounting ) & got TR until march 2011. Now I want to apply for PR under new regulations. Assist me

View more questions Search