Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    memory Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards
    I need to find out whether the Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards is either analogue or digital. An explanation of whatever the answer is would help.
    SoopaDuck Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by memory
    I need to find out whether the Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards is either analogue or digital. An explanation of whatever the answer is would help.
    Digital.

(1) IEEE 802.3 is the standard for ethernet. Ethernet signals are all digital.
    (2) The only time a computer will see an analog signal is when the signal is transmitted by using a modem (modulator / demodulator). Please understand that what we commonly refer to as cable and DSL modems are not really modems they are network adapters that are made specifically for that particular application.
    (3) Computers do not understand analog information. Everything is 1's and 0's to a computer.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

May 7, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by memory
    Digital. Why? Because the wireless data is digital... P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood Furnace and Fan Control Circuitry [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I recently purchased a house with an old Jensen wood furnace in the basement (I think Jensen was bought out by Ashley at some point). The system is connected to the oil furnace plenum and has a draft fan for the fire box, a distribution fan for pushing the warm air into the ductwork, a...

IEEE 1394 FireWire CardBus adapter [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased an IEEE 1394 3-port CardBus Host Adapter for my laptop so I could edit video on my DV camcorder using the FireWire port. I inserted the card, the "Found New Hardware" message popped up, then "Hardware Sucessfully Installed" shortly there after. However when I...

No network detection, help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC running windows xp home sp2 which I am trying to connect via lan cable to a laptop running windows xp pro sp2, unfortunately when I connect the computers, no network registers. The network cards are installed but are both the same (Realtek RL8139). I have connected each computer to...

Two Network cards in One computer accessing two networks.. [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could help me with a small problem. I have one network card (A) accessing the internal network i.e.. Net. Printer, shared folders on other computers, and shared servers. Another network card (B) accessing a public network address for VoIP and T1 traffic i.e.. Ports...

Shot gunning network cards [ 17 Answers ]

I have heard about being able to use two nics and being able to double the speed that you are connecting. Has anyone done this and if so how would one hook this up?

View more questions Search