Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaz38 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 17, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Answers for john deere stx38 riding lawn mower transaxel
    I removed the transaxel and replaced it, when I let the jack down,the tractor will not move. Jack it back up,a d the wheels turn, what have I done wrong?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Take a look... I bet the other wheel turns in the oppopsite direction (basic operation of an open differential)... doesn't mean both wheels are free to turn in the same direction.

Sep 17, 2013, 09:52 AM
    Not helpful at all!you didn't answer my question!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz38 View Post
    not helpful at all!you didn't answer my question!
    Did you answer MY question... I'm bettting that what you call the wheels turning is exactly what I described. What is the answer to that... yes they turn in opposite directions... meaning when you turn one and the other rotates opposite direction?

Since my crystal ball is out for repair... we have to fall back to the old way of troubleshooting.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Sounds like the brake is to tight.
    Rt side of trans-axle.loosen half inch nut a little .

Sep 18, 2013, 03:14 AM
    Thank you! The brake was too tight. That fixed the problem.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spring location for john deere stx38 riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install the deck belt on my John Deere stx38 hydrostatic riding lawn mower. I have a black deck. I am wondering about the proper location for the spring that holds the belt tensioner/pulley. The problem is that the tensioner/pulley rubs against another stationary pulley that's not...

John deere stx38 riding mower? [ 2 Answers ]

John Deere STX38 rider. Manual trans. Is there an adjustment on shift linkage? Acts like it has broken teeth in gears 1,2,&3. Sporadic skipping.Thanks for any help. Jeff

John Deere STX38 Riding Lawn Mower Tractor 12.5HP Hydro [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings. I have a John Deere STX38 riding mower. It started just fine the past 3 months. Today I went to mow, it started, I backed it out of the shed and then it stalled out. I immediately thought maybe I had run out of gas, but it is 3/4 full from the last time I filled it which was 2 weeks ago....

Gas getting in oil reservoir on John Deere riding mower model STX38 [ 1 Answers ]

John Deere riding mower model STX38 is getting gas in the oil. I drained the oil and it smelled of gas and had the density of gas, not the thickness of oil. Any suggestions as to how this is hapenning. I can change the oil and put gas in it and it runs great for some time.

View more questions Search