Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TsutaShine Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Is it normal to feel this way?
    I'm a 16 Year old girl now, when I was 3 I started getting bullied until I was 11, all because of me having autism. I was being mostly verbally bullied and sometimes physically, one time even being framed for something serious and it was horrible.

After I switched schools, I was not bullied anymore, in fact I made a lot of friends in the new school, even teachers felt impressed of me.

But despite being accepted and having a wonderful life for almost 5 years, I still can't forget about my past. I get dazed in certain moments, sometimes wanted to be alone, and I even cried once when thinking about it. It felt like a shadow is still haunting me and it never goes away, is it normal for people like me to feel that way sometimes?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 17, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Yes, it's normal. Our past doesn't really go away, it just goes to some back rooms in our minds as new experiences grab the front rooms. If we don't have full, content lives at the moment the past might fight to come back. Take a deep breath, think about it a bit, and try to identify what is going on in the present that is sad or lonely or missing something, because that is what matters now. A teacher frowned at something you wrote, or a friend walked right by you in the hall, or two kids giggled nearby and you aren't sure what about - we ALL have tiny events each day that can beat us down, and how much we let them depends on how secure we are in ourselves. You are still developing that inner security. Keep working on thinking out each sad moment.
    All of life is an ongoing 'job' in this regard, for all of us. It's a matter of degree from one person to the next.

(Most of us here will insist that you didn't have autism because it doesn't just disappear. It's a diagnosis that gets handed out too often. I wish we know what might have been going on.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal to feel this hurt? I feel like I'm breaking down [ 3 Answers ]

Basically I don't know where to start. I feel defeated and I'm only 17 I feel like my life is horrible. My mother causes me a lot of pain emotionally and sometimes physically since I could remember she's always hitting me for the smallest reasons. I went out with my guy friend and when I came home...

Is it normal to feel this.. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so, I'm young and stuff and sometimes when I'm hanging out with my friends (the ones that are girls) and they like to hug me and a lot of them are really clingy. But I've been "confused" about my sexual orientation for a while now and I'm wondering, is it normal to get these tingly/butterfly...

Is it normal for him to feel this way about me! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. me and my boyfriend have some issues like any normal couples! We are deeply in love we both know that and feel that way toward each other.. but at some period of times "not always" in our relation we both feel so cold toward each other.. like we both are not happy with our lives.. and we...

How long did it take YOU to feel 'normal' again? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm in week 6 or 7 of my breakup and I pretty much still feel like garbage. After being with someone for almost a decade- I know it's going to take some serious time before I'm myself again. So, my question to you all, how long did it take before you felt like yourself again and could hold your...

View more questions Search