Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trishamass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Next Choice
    I took Next Choice 7 days ago, 30 hours after intercourse. I had nausea for about 5 days, heartburn a couple of days and very slight cramping. I have yet to have any kind of bleeding. I have been extremely stressed about this, can this be causing the delay in the bleeding, isn't it kind of early to feel any pregnancy symptoms?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 16, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Hi Trisha,

All the symptoms you have listed are common side effects of Next Choice and other emergency contraceptives.

You DO NOT have to have any bleeding.

You next FEW periods MAY be early or late AND they may be heavier or lighter than usual.

There are no specific signs to indicate that an ECP has worked.

Hope it helps.
    trishamass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by medic-dan View Post
    Hi Trisha,

All the symptoms you have listed are common side effects of Next Choice and other emergency contraceptives.

You DO NOT have to have any bleeding.

You next FEW periods MAY be early or late AND they may be heavier or lighter than usual.

There are no specific signs to indicate that an ECP has worked.

Hope it helps.
    I realize everyone is different but should the symptoms stick around this long? All of the pill information says they should subside within 1-2 days and its been 7.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Next Choice [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question. I took next choice after 36 hours of having unprotected sex he didn't ejacualte inside of me but I know that is never an accurate way. I was just wondering if I have a good chance of not becoming pregnant. I know it was not smart of me I just need to know what my...

Next Choice [ 1 Answers ]

Took next choice last week after a sexual assault but my husband and I are planning ivf treatments this month, will next choice interfer with embryos sticking this month after transfer?

First year choice, residents choice [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a similar question, but since my situation is a little different, I would like to be sure please. I was on H1-B from 2005 to February 2008. I then switched to F1 and was on F1 until end September 2009, when I went back to H1-B. Under substantial presence test, I was a resident for 2008...

OK. I'm GOING N/C - I've no other choice ! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, Great website, great community. I've been reading lots of relationship threads here Over the past 4 days. Here's my short story : I had a 4 Year Relationship,

Do I have a choice [ 8 Answers ]

:( I'm under 16 and my mum is moving at the worst point in my life ! This means I will have to move schools and leave my dad and other family behind and friends I want to go and live with my dad I have asked and spokern with my mum about this but she has just said I don't have a choice and I have...

View more questions Search