Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Needshelp17 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Ever work with Sharkbite or Gatorbite?
    I have some plumbing projects and am wondering if anyone has used Sharkbite or Gatorbite connections? Is one better than the other and do they last long with no leaking? Any connection they should not be used for such as hot water?
    Thanks!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Hi NH17

Sharkbite and gatorbite fittings are basically identical so using either one is fine.

As a plumber, I don't use these fittings much, but I have used them and they work real well or you can be sure you would be hearing about lawsuits all over the place!

They can be used on hot and cold water, but I do not think they are approved for use in concealed areas in many states.

Mark
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 08:17 AM
    They are great in accessible locations but as Mark said, not in concealed spaces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sharkbite Removing Plastic Inserts [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a sharkbite T and all 3 white plastic inserts were pushed. As I am using copper I am trying to remove them. How do I remove them? Fred

Gatorbite [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know more about these gatorbite fitting! Can they be used to plumb a hot water heater and can they be used in plumbing applications that need to be in the floor as in concrete,(as in using these fitting and installing concrete over top)? Can these fitting also be used in plumbing a...

Sharkbite connectors [ 5 Answers ]

Thanks to "MASSPLUMBER"'s excellent advise I have successfully removed our old jacuzzi and also old shower stall. Now am going to repair holes in flooring which I had to cut to facilitate accessing drains and water supply pipes for old above units.Then install new sub floor over original...

Gatorbite.net? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outdoor hose copper pipe that I cut and I'm assembling a gatorbite coupling on the piece I cut going to the house and the new pipe with the hose fitting. My question is the coupling came with a white plastic piece that fits into the pipe. There is also one in the gatorbite coupling. Do I...

Check out these fittings: Sharkbite connection system. [ 8 Answers ]

My maintenance sales guy stopped in this morning and showed me this... and I'm still wowing over it: http://www.cashacme.com/sbpush.php No heat, glue or tools needed - and use the same fitting for whether you're using copper, cpvc, cts or pex - or even going from one to the other. I will...

View more questions Search