Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasar Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Bible+comonsense=RIGHT ANSWER.
    chaplain john Posts: 79, Reputation: 28

Apr 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
    I hope that others on here will bear with me it seems that I have some catching up to do I have recently come to this forum and am still learning to navigate it. This is the first discussion I have spent any real time reading through and I have really enjoyed reading the opinions expressed. I saw several statements that I would like to put my two cents worth in on so I'll try to make it brief.

BTW I am already impressed by the respect shown the viewpoints of others here.

God made man in his image in that he made man a spiritual being as God is a spiritual being.

DrJizzle I agree with you a sin is a sin is a sin all will send us to hell if we die in our sin. (without repentance) However there is one and only one that is unforgivable… That is Blaspheming, Grieving, or Denying (they’re all the same thing) the Holy Spirit.

RubyPitbull God is perfection He cannot sin. Let’s take a very simple example Lying… I have a black telephone on my desk (really I do) I’m in conversation with God and he tells me it is white. Is he lying to me? No because he who spoke a word and it came to be has said it is white therefore the phone is no longer black it has become white.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Welcome chaplain john!
    I enjoyed you post.
    You make a good point.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    pretty_in_pink Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 09:45 PM
    In the Image and Likeness of God

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.” 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:26-27)

Its easy to be a sinner than to be holy... GoD does not ask us to be HOLY but to somehow AVOID committing sins... If we are created in HIS likeness, then I assume we are also GOOD inside... it is US and not HIS likeness that makes us commit sins... maybe out of curiosity, or peer pressure or short to say, an outside force that makes us commit such sinful acts...

Just my point of view... Peace
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
    pretty_in_pink
    The thing that is a basic cause of us sinning is concupiscence.
    Concupiscence is a subject worth much study.
    Desire that is good vs. desire that is bad and much more.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nasar
    bible+comonsense=RIGHT ANSWER.
    I disagree, cheese and peanut butter are not such an appealing mix.

Apr 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty_in_pink
    In the Image and Likeness of God

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.” 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:26-27)

Its easy to be a sinner than to be holy... GoD does not ask us to be HOLY but to somehow AVOID committing sins.... If we are created in HIS likeness, then i assume we are also GOOD inside... it is US and not HIS likeness that makes us commit sins... maybe out of curiosity, or peer pressure or short to say, an outside force that makes us commit such sinful acts...

Just my point of view... Peace
    It is the Flesh portion of us that is hardest to control. It says Sin feels GOOD and wants to do it. The trick is to build up the Spiritual part of us through fasting, prayer, and reading God's word until we can by the power of the spirit and with the help of God"s Holy Spirit overcome the desires of that flesh. Thus having accepted the gift of salvation by grace offered by Jesus, which was bought at such terrible cost to him, we can strive toward holiness.

Apr 26, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Compare to other religions, this is only a christian point of view that every body is sins. Soul, mind, and body these 3 joining in human being. In the level of soul every one is pure gold. But in level of mind thoughts and knowledge about surroudings and also ego came . Possible engage in good or bad activities then happen, mainly bible mention about this in a possibility level, Bible is a religious text with different type of explanations is possible some particular subjects.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
    No it is very clear that He (Jesus) never sinned. We are all made in his image, but we screw it up by sinning. Sin is what comes between our relationship with Jesus. All have sinned and fell short of the Glory of God... I went years understanding this logically or in my mind. When I was 33 I finally understood this in my heart. When you really want to know the answers that you have for God, just ASK HIM. Believe me he will answer.:)
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 07:12 PM
    krystal1973
    Very goo post.
    God answers yes, but one must listen closely for He speaks very softly most of the time.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 7, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krystal1973
    No it is very clear that He (Jesus) never sinned. We are all made in his image, but we screw it up by sinning. Sin is what comes between our relationship with Jesus. All have sinned and fell short of the Glory of God... I went years understanding this logically or in my mind. When I was 33 I finally understood this in my heart. When you really want to know the answers that you have for God, just ASK HIM. Believe me he will answer.:)
    I am a Christian so don't get mad. But when he was young didn't Jesus push another kid off the roof and then bring him back to life? I am not too sure where I heard this, and also think that if he did there was a reason for it.

Name:  poster-prayer-25.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  24.8 KB
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

May 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    I am a Christian so don't get mad. But when he was young didn't Jesus push another kid off the roof and then bring him back to life? I am not too sure where I heard this, and also think that if he did there was a reason for it.
    That is not in the Bible. That may be a story from an apocryphal gospel. It is not from the word of God.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangdoodle
    That is not in the Bible. That may be a story from an apocryphal gospel. It is not from the word of God.
    Of course, he's God, he can make people forget that such a thing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    "Look into my eyes look into my eyes not around the eyes look into my eyes *click* you're under, when you wake up you will not remember me ever pushing that kid off that roof and then bringing him back to life, in fact you will act as if such a thing never happened. Oh yeah and while i'm at it stop wearing socks and sandals together, it's terribly unfashionable. Three two one...*click* you're back in the room."
    That's how I see it going anyway.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 8, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Matt, This may have been just a story that you heard when you were little, but it is no where to be found in the Holy Bible. You will never find one occasion in the bible where Jesus sinned. He did kick some tables over when he was older, but of course he was doing it for a reason, but he never pushed anyone off a roof.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

May 8, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    What? Where do you find this in the Bible?
    You should hold your tongue about such things especially when Christians are supposed to know that Jesus was without sin-and he took on all our sins for us at the cross.
    I don't appreciate false testimony about the Lord. We are commanded not to lie.

Rev.22:15, Outside are the dogs, those who practice magical arts, the sexually immoral, the murders, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Christians should repent from any blasphemy against Christ In my opinion!
    mr_guy Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Blasphemy... and from a Christian too...

Anyway, everybody sins at some point in life. But does that make us evil? No. Jesus (for those of you that believe in him) died for all of uor sins. Our sins can be repented, and therefore, be forgiven. Jesus's death on the cross is a reminder to Christians to attempt to do good unto others. If you sin, all's still good, just make sure to mention it during confession. Otherwise... when you die, you go down there.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 10, 2007, 06:29 AM
    well, if you read the bible, there is only one way into heaven.
    it clearly says "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and there is no way to my father, except through me"(jesus said this)

also, ruby pitbull, we were made in his image, but sin was introduced to us after god created us, by the devil, in the form of the serpent, by using temptation. Since then, we have been tainted by temptation and sin, and heavens doors have been closed to us, for we have all sinned.
    yet, through gods amazing love, he sent his son to Die for us, for our sins, he basically went and said "okay guys, im going to get tortured on a crucifix and die, then go to hell, and serve all of your sentences in hell for you, as a proxy, so you can all go to heaven, you just gotta accept what i did for you, and accept me"

May 10, 2007, 08:40 AM
    How devil can entered a holy place like heaven.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Did anyone here say he did/does?

May 10, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Did anyone here say he did/does?
    Read Job

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to be brusk I'm a little short for time this morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

Is the Bible divine? [ 10 Answers ]

Just for my curiosity, What is it that makes the Bible the divine word of GOD? As it was written by men (many) how do we know it is the word of GOD? What credibility do the man who wrote it have? Is this the only word of God?

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search