Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serpico327 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 01:48 PM
    230 volt swimming pool motor
    I have a pool motor, I have disconnected the double pole 20 amp switch and I did not mark them. I had to replace the motor, have 2 yellows and a green( ground). The switch has 2 loads and 2 lines, my question is, where do the loads and the lines go connected? Are the loads going down to the motor or should 1 line come from the Timer box( Line) and the other Load to the motor?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
    I'm not sure that I follow your post very well.
    I have disconnected the double pole 20 amp switch and I did not mark them.
    I assume that you mean a 20 double pole breaker in a disconnect box, some where in the vicinity or at least within sight of the pump motor.
    replace the motor, have 2 yellows and a green( ground)
    I assume that means you have successfully replace the motor.

A 240 volt circuit requires two hot conductors. Line or line side refers to the conductors bring power to that point. Load or load side refers to conductors taking power to the load (motor). Customarily line side conductors are attached to the buss side of the disconnect and load side conductors are connected to the breakers.

I don't understand the question about the timer. I guess it depends on the circumstance and intent of the original installer. Putting the timer on the line side would enable you to manually turn off the pump with out disrupting the timer. Putting the timer on the load side would enable you to turn off all power to pump including timer. That is most likely what you have.

Again I don't understand why this is a question for you. Just connect the line side conductors to the disconnect buss and the load conductors to the breakers.
    Do you know which conductors are line and which are load?

You post does not say, but infers, that you think one load conductor goes to the pump and one goes to the timer. That of course is not correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace 1/4 hp 440 volt condenser motor with 1/3 hp 230 volt [ 1 Answers ]

My old motor is 1/4 hp 440 volt ph 1 and rpm is 850 now I have to replace it with 1/3 hp 230 volt ph 1 and rpm is 1075

How to wire 230 volt gfi to pool pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new pool pump a Hayward 3/4 hp super pump The old motor was removed and pool closed for two years. I have a federal Pioneer Stab-loc Gfci breaker that was wired for 230 volts at 15 amps all the wireing is still at the panel but doesn't enter panel. This wire is 14 gauge 3wire (white black...

Wiring 230 Volt Pool Pumps [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring 230 Volt Pentair Pool Pump. It has Line 1, 2, 3 ground is separate to chassis. Which one is common?

Wiring two 230 Volt pool pumps inseries [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am rewiring switched for two pool pumps. The old set disintegrated so I cannot tell how they were wired. The two pumps are recirc and booster and are both 230v. I would like to wire them so that the booster can only turn on when the first pump is on. How can I manage that wiring with no...

230 volt DC lathe motor [ 16 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new german made lathe with a 1 and 1/2 h.p. single phase DC motor rated at 1400 watts at 2800 rpm, the plate on the motor says 60 hertz. 6 amp nominal consumption 230 volts. I also purchased a 110volt to 220 volt step-up transformer rated at 2300 watts. The lathe has a...

View more questions Search