Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JanMaglinte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Contraception
    Hi.. I'm 23.. I have a very active sex life with my boyfriend of 6 years.. I want to address this question to a doctor.. preferably an ob-gyn or anyone who knows a lot about contraception.. I want to protect myself from getting pregnant so I decided on a method of contraception -- PILLS.. the thing is, I have petit mal seizure and I'm taking medication for it.. but is it safe for me to take contraceptive pills? Please answer.. thanks..
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 15, 2013, 10:42 AM
    Hi Jan,

See your doctor.

You have lots of options for birth control, including pills, but there can be interactions with your seizure medicine. In other words, the birth control may not be as effective.

Your doctor can discuss these options with you. You'll have to see them anyway as birth control requires a prescription.

FYI, emergency contraceptives may also be at reduced effectiveness.

Good luck, hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What other contraception [ 2 Answers ]

I found the problem to my last question and its because she don't like condoms. Me and my girl friend have agreed that using condoms don't feel that nice she uses the pill. Is there any other contriception we can use that will not get her pregnant, I need a really affect one that I or she can...

Contraception [ 1 Answers ]

1.) One of my supporting topics is that it can help prevent teen pregnancy. So I was wondering... On average, how many pregnant teens visit your office per month? 2.) Do you believe that this number would decrease if these teens were better educated on sex and the dangers of sex? 3.) Do...

Contraception [ 0 Answers ]

I've been on the depo shot for one year and 2 months and not had a period. I stopped taking it 3 months ago and two days ago I was dissy and felt sick. I taken a test today and its negative. How can I see if I am thanks

Contraception? [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex for the first time on Saturday,it wasn't planned and we didn't use any protection.Is it to late to take the morning after pill?

Contraception? [ 24 Answers ]

Ive been with my boyfriend for a while now and he wants to have sex I can't talk to my mum about it I'm scared she will get mad but I want to know what's the best kind of contraception?

View more questions Search