Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Friendship and new relationship ruined
    This is a long story but I hope you will be able to offer advise:

I am 27 she is 20. Originally she was a student at a school I worked at but met her through another student I knew a year ago 4 years after us leaving the school.

We had become friends through the past year. She had a particularly nasty breakup 3 months ago with a man who treated her really badly - I was always there for her throughout this.

In the past few months we have spent almost every weekend together. However I started dating another girl around the same time who knew her. She went travelling for four months so it was short lived. About a month ago I told my friend I liked her. The day after she came round and we kissed. Although after this she still only wanted to be friends.

Fast forward to recently we both went abroad togther for a week and had a great time doing so much. On the holiday we kissed and pretty much became a couple. Although she wouldn't commit to me saying she didn't want anything serious and didn't want me to get to close to her. Because of this I messaged this other girl who I was dating briefly saying I may be single as I wasn't sure what was happening in this current relationship.

My girl stole my phone without me seeing and read through all these messages. Said I was a lier 'as I had told her I had said I didn't want anything to do with this other girl'. With two weekends away coming up and planned we have have now had to cancel these pretty much.

I took her flowers, grovelled, msged her that I cared for her... I have tried everything but she says she cannot trust me and doesn't want to be with me now. What should be my next steps?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 06:21 PM
    Take a break and enjoy being single for awhile. No decent girl wants to feel they are second choice or you have a plan B on the side before they have even had a chance to get with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 08:37 PM
    Smitten again my old friend. Before I go into the usual NC spiel that I know you know backwards, I just have to ask how you square going with a chick and still keeping in touch with someone she knows. Yeah that 's screwed up, but so is snooping.

But like I said you know the rules as good as anyone, so its leave her alone and see if she cools off and get back to the life you had before she showed up. Seems to me she was only in it for the fun, and travel,

Although after this she still only wanted to be friends.

Fast forward to recently we both went abroad together for a week and had a great time doing so much. On the holiday we kissed and pretty much became a couple. Although she wouldn't commit to me saying she didn't want anything serious and didn't want me to get to close to her.
    Looks like this had a short shelf life anyway, but

Because of this I messaged this other girl who I was dating briefly saying I may be single as I wasn't sure what was happening in this current relationship.
    You still shouldn't have cheated. Too bad she caught you. You kind of blew that. Or dodged a bullet, depends on how you look at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ruined my relationship with my best friend [ 4 Answers ]

Well I met this girl at my athletics club ( I'm 14 and she's 13 ) and we instantly clicked. Later on I began talking to her of Facebook, and I learned a lot about her past and how she has had a terrible up bringing filled with pain and grief. We began talking every once in a while, but then it...

I ruined the best relationship I ever had with someone, and she's my best friend!HELP [ 15 Answers ]

First of all I just want to leave it writed that I'm that typical 14 year old boy that is too shy to tell his name. I'm going to start from the beginning. In October 2010 I fell in love for this girl, she had liked me in summer but I was to shy and didn't respond to her. Now the table has...

Meth ruined my relationship [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5 years has been a meth addict since I meet him. We have a beautiful daughter together. Life is good when he is home and sober. He is home for the week, but once the weekend hits he’s no where to be seen, and if he does come home he's high. I finally got fed up with his 4 days home...

I just ruined my friendship,and I want it back,what do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

In school I got sat next to this guy in one of my classes,normally I'm known as a greebo freak.and normally people don't like me.he seemed one of the popular sort,but he was real nice.ever since we have been good friends,until I started to have strong feelings for him... now I've just got annoying...

I think I ruined my relationship with my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Before I begin, I would like to note that this is my first question that I put on this website, so I didn't know how long to make it. Its actually frighteningly long, but bear with me, I wanted to include every detail to get the best response possible. Thank you. ----------------------- OK,...

View more questions Search