Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coreyboy1820 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 01:41 PM
    I'm 13, and depressed because my girlfriend broke up with me. What should I do?
    I need help fast. My girlfriend broke up with me and I loved her. We both loved each other. I really miss her. I'm really depressed. I explained it to my best friends but they say to just get over her, and they have never had gf's. I've only told my friends that are girls, their nice but not enough. Please help me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 14, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Might sound harsh, but get over it.
    This might be the first, but it certainly won't be the last..
    It's all part of growing up I'm afraid.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2013, 02:17 PM
    This is why 13 yr olds are too young to date. They are too immature to handle the inevitable break ups that come at this age. You really haven't a clue what love is at this point. You will probably break up many times in the next few years. You need to get over it and move on.

Sep 14, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    This is why 13 yr olds are too young to date. They are too immature to handle the inevitable break ups that come at this age. You really haven't a clue what love is at this point. You will probably break up many times in the next few years. You need to get over it and move on.
    Well It didn't help me get over her I need things to do to get her off my mind I still miss her and I hide my feelings from my parents so they don't over react because my parents do. Do that its kind of annoying lol.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Did your parents give you permission to date?

As far as taking your mind off it, concentrate on school and school activities.

Sep 14, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Did your parents give you permission to date?

As far as taking your mind off it, concentrate on school and school activities.
    Yea this helped a little and yes my parents know I was dating I have to ask them before I do it and I don't have any classes with her so that's good but we cross paths all the time and she hangs out with my friends so its kind of hard:/
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Part of dating as your age group calls it is breaking up. As the other guys say this is but the first of many so get use to it, and stay busy with friends family, and activities you like.

Just don't go acting all sappy and depressed around people. If you are old enough to date, then you are old enough to deal with break ups maturely.
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Sep 15, 2013, 05:02 AM
    Eat a tub of ben and jerrys it always helps, but honestly try and move on if you both loved each other why did you break up?
    clareAD2000 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Dec 23, 2013, 05:07 AM
    Listen. I'm 13 and have had my fair share of break ups. Now I know you should just move on. It does hurt but there will be tonnes more coming...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend broke up with me and I'm depressed [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up with me after moving to another city for college. We have dated for 10 years since we were 14, I'm super heart broken, when she left to school, I stopped caring for her because I had other issues in my life. I was depressed and I did not want her anymore and I stopped talking...

My girlfriend is depressed.. a walking wreck.. and she has just broke up. [ 21 Answers ]

Firsty we are both 26 years old and have been with each other for 18 months. My girlfriend has recently been suffering with stress and depression at work. Her job is basically killing her. Working 7.30 am - 7pm sometimes in an office, way past her normal hours of work. It has been building up for 4...

My depressed girlfriend broke up with me. [ 4 Answers ]

Depressed girlfriend broke up with me: To give a little background: I was dating my now ex girlfriend for almost two years. About two to three months ago she told me she had serious depression and saw her doctor who prescribed her medication. She did not like talking about her depression and I...

Boyfriend broke up with me because he is depressed. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been friends for over a year and in January/February started dating. He has struggled with many family and money problems through his life and suffers from depression and bipolar problems. Two years ago he attempted suicide. Two days ago he picked me up to hang out and...

My girlfriend broke up with me.. I'm so depressed (clincally). [ 11 Answers ]

Threads merged So I've been my girlfriend nearly 6 months now. Things have been really good and we have been crazy about each other, we both chased either from the start and we fell in love with each other pretty quickly. About a week ago or so, she said she needed some space and I was...

View more questions Search