Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B1gfun Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Sep 14, 2013, 07:39 AM
    1 glasss of wine and passing an ETG
    I drank 1 week ago 3 beers. I had 1 glass of wine 11% on Thursday night(started consumption at 7pm and finished at 8pm. I had to submit to a random ETG today(saturday at 0730am/today) approximately 36 hours. The cut off used is the lowest at 100ng. How likely am I to test positive for use?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 09:36 AM
    AMHD site rules and terms of service prohibit giving answers that could be used in any way to cheat on a court ordered drug or alcohol test.

With that part said... guesses have no value... what counts are the lab results. And those will be back soon enough.

Sep 14, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Smoothy,
    Thanks for your "insight" to my question. I thoroughly appreciate your input, but have not asked how to cheat the test anywhere in my question. I simply inquired to get a response from others who have knowledge on the outcomes of said test or their experiences. Thanks again Smoothy and have a wonderful day!
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 10:18 AM
    Such discussions serve no other purpose than for someone to determine how much they can get away with drinking within a window notice is typically given. And discussing this is against the site rules and terms of service you so rudely gave a not helpful for when I quoted then CORRECTLY.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 10:21 AM
    Smoothy did not deserve an unhelpful. Is this for probation? No drinking is to be done when on probation -- thus it's a cheat right from the get-go.

As for passing, it will be close.

Sep 14, 2013, 10:34 AM
    Thanks for your response smoochy. I appreciate your OPINION. My intent is not to cheat. Thanks again and have a fantabulous day.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 10:44 AM
    At 36 hours, it could go either way. Time is close and you have just as much chance at failing as you do at passing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by B1gfun View Post
    Thanks for your response smoochy. I appreciate your OPINION. My intent is not to cheat.
    He's smoothy. Not smoochy. Are you on probation?

Sep 14, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He's smoothy. not smoochy. Are you on probation?
    No it's for an insurance policy.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Insurance policies don't have RANDOM ETG tests... or RANDOM drug tests...

Courts order them... some employers might order them... not insurance companies.

I've been insured by at least 8 difference companies over the last 34 year... more when I was on my parents insurance before that... never once has an Insurance company subjected me to a random test or any type... And why just ETG and not a full drug screen? If it was for qualification for coverage it would cover drugs as well. Employers that have random tests test for drugs too, not just ETG. Those I have had from time to time over 30 years.

Something isn't being told to us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I agree. I used to work for State Farm. Never was an insured or potential insured screened or tested for alcohol or drugs. That was always a court activity.

Sep 14, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Insurance policies don't have RANDOM ETG tests...or RANDOM drug tests...

Courts order them...some employers might order them....not insurance companies.

I've been insured by at least 8 difference companies over the last 34 year ....more when I was on my parents insurance before that.....never once has an Insurance company subjected me to a random test or any type.....And why just ETG and not a full drug screen? If it was for qualification for coverage it would cover drugs as well. Employers that have random tests test for drugs too, not just ETG. Those I have had from time to time over 30 years.

I'm not sure what the test was. I just had to submit a sample. I believe it's for both
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 12:07 PM
    It wouldn't have been random... and you stated it was random.

There are also different standards for employment related (pre-screening) and court ordered (detection of illicit use) tests...

I've never had a single insurance related one either... and I'm 52. But I can't discount the insurance one... depending on what type of insurance its for.. Complete physicals aren't unusual for certain types of coverage (usually high value life)... though I've never been subjected to that type test yet for one.

I have had several job related ones as well as pre-employment screening... due to the job field I've worked in.

And people NOT under a court order... can't get in trouble for average drinking. Test or not... unless they show up drunk for the test. Because they unlike people under court orders... aren't prohibited from drinking.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 10:59 AM
    I guess I hit it on the head... they are under court order to NOT drink.. and it wasn't job related and certainly not insurance related, I knew it form the moment they dished out a not helpful when they didn't get the answer they wanted to hear. The story just didn't add up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passing EtG [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Dr.Bill I had about 6 beers on Monday each 5% alcohol content and 1 beer on Tuesday then I found out I had to take an EtG I took the test about 17hrs after my last beer will I pass? I am 23 and feel like I should have metabolized it by then but am I pretty much screwed?

I drank a glass of wine 18 hrs before EtG test, chances of passing? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 yo female, thin(5'3, 98 lbs). I drank a glass of wine about 9 pm last night and had a preemployment alcohol screen at 4 pm today. I drank plenty of fluids, and my test sample was pretty clear as they let me drink a glass of water. What are my chances of passing? High, low?

EtG--passing it [ 9 Answers ]

Will I pass an EtG if I drank Sunday through Wednesday and have a test on Sunday

Passing a EtG ua [ 1 Answers ]

I drank a pint of vodca thurs afternoon and Friday night. I drank cranberrry juice and water heavily sat, sun and half a day mon. Will I pass a EtG ua?

View more questions Search