Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshinedoggy Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Questioning of uterus wall thickening.
    I went to see my gynecologist today to hear more detail of D&C that I had 1 month ago. It came out that it was benign which means is not cancerous.

So, I was little questioning about the more details from my doctor today.

My doctor told me that I don't have endometriosis nor endometrial hyperplasia. My uterine wall thckening because of my age who is 42 years old, don't ovulate every month, but estrogen produce and built up into the wall and get thicken.
    Isn't that endometrial hyperplasia?

But my uterus is tipped which is retroverted uterus, which may pressure in my bladder that I have had a big problem for 3 months.

My doctor told me that it is the way to fix my problem is to remove my uterus, even though, my uterus has nothting wrong with...

At the end, my doctor recommended to see an urologist.

I hope that I will be okay.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 13, 2013, 02:30 PM
    We can't speculate about why you were told you don't have hyperplasia. Your doctor may have meant that the cells of your uterus were normal under the microscope, as opposed to pre-cancerous or cancerous. Those are the 3 descriptions for endometrial hyperplasia cells.

Hyperplasia does increase the odds of cancer, so I might postpone the urologist for now and have a longer talk about possible removal of your uterus. Some of the risks for cancer are obesity, never having had children, estrogen supplements without progesterone, diabetes, taking Tamoxifen, and HBP. Do you have the test results? How thick your uterine wall is?

Sep 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Thank you again for your quick response, joypulv.

I appreciate for your helpful information. My doctor asked me my age and she sighed, then she told me about the removal of my uterus.

I don't have the test results. Can I take a look when I ask my doctor? I thought that I can't see...

My doctor told me that my uterine wall is thick that I may have polyps in it. I don't know how thick mine is. I should have asked about it.

I have 2 children, and I am not worried about overweight, which is good things though.

Thank you for helping,
    current pert

Sep 13, 2013, 05:22 PM
    Absolutely get a copy of the test results, as well as asking her to explain each part.
    Ask to explain what exactly would happen with surgery (should be routine). It might relieve your pain.

"Simple hyperplasia- this is simply an increased thickness in the endometrium with an increased number of glands. There is no cytological atypia (abnormal, malignant appearing cells). Treatment is usually with progesterone supplementation and there is a <1% chance of progression to cancer.
    Complex hyperplasia without atypia- this type is a little thicker than simple hyperplasia, and has more crowding and abnormal architecture to the glands. Without treatment, about 10% of patients will progress to endometrial cancer. Treatment is typically with progesterone, although hysterectomy is an option in women who have completed childbearing and are at acceptable surgical risk."
    I didn't copy the third atypical kind.

- Endometrial Hyperplasia and Cancer FAQ

NOTE that she made it clear that you don't have cancer. You just would have to keep having your uterus checked.

Sep 14, 2013, 04:56 AM
    Thank you for another good advice, joypulv!

I will call the nurse to talk to my doctor on Monday about the test result. I never thought that I can get a copy of the test results.

I also thank you for the information of endometrial hyperplasia.

Yes, I will keep having my uterus checked regularly.

Yes, It was good news that I don't have cancer. But I have stuck one thing in my mind that the general doctor who visited before I went to see the gynecologist insisted me that I have ovary cysts. I get severe pain in the right of my abdomen most of the time, that reminded me the word that the general doctor told me. So, I will ask my gynecologist about it on Monday too.

Thank you again for helping me out.
    I will let you know when I get more details of my problem.

I will let you know
    current pert

Sep 14, 2013, 05:21 AM
    If this were my situation, I would give a lot of thought to having my uterus and my ovaries removed - if the doctor thinks it's a good option.
    Doctors 'know' women are in pain from many such conditions, but they can't really measure how much pain unless you tell them (over and over). And women vary in how much pain they will tolerate, so that's another factor for the doctor to have to try to measure.
    Keep in mind that when organs are removed from the abdominal cavity, all your other organs will sag down a bit (not that the uterus and ovaries are very big). It's good to keep those muscles exercised to help hold them more or less in place.

Sep 14, 2013, 06:03 AM
    Oh yes, I do my butt lift exercises what you advised me before. It really helps me.
    Using a heating pad is the most effective to sleep. Thank you for all your advice!

I prepare of any options would happen to me. Thank you again, joypulv.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother has Endometrial hyperplasia I.e. 12mm thick uterus lining wall [ 3 Answers ]

Me and especially my mother are very worried about this problem. Few days ago my mother had sonography (ultrasound) test and the report said that my mother has Endometrial hyperplasia i.e. 12mm thick lining of uterus wall. Her age 68. She had menopause in 53 years of age. The gynecologist said that...

Thickening Agent [ 2 Answers ]

When I use flour to thicken chicken broth, I always get lumps. I even used Wonder Granulated flour same problem. People have told me, the liquid is too hot and I am Boiling the flour.

Contraction-like cramps, hard uterus, split uterus.. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a split uterus, so it is always tough to tell if I am pregnant, as I can still get normal periods, and have before. Right now, I have extremely swollen breasts, with visible blue veins. I've had this for about 3-4 months now. The past few days, I've been getting suddenly sick. But as soon...

Thickening of bladder wall [ 1 Answers ]

What could cause thickening of a bladder wall. My husband does not have an infestion.

Thickening my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair recently and I like the colour but it seems really thin and brittle has anyone got any tips to thicken your hair and give it more body?

View more questions Search