Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajkumar89 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 08:35 PM
    Intercaste marriage
    I am a young boy in a love relationship with a girl since few years. We both are loving a lot to each other and I can't imagine my life without her and she also felt like this...

From my family side there is no problem they like my girl and ready to accept to marry to me and my family does not have any caste feeling we are from BC category..

Actually the problem is my girl(ST category) side family is not accepting my love just because of different castes.once I talked with her father but he didn't convince and nothing works and he replayed we are from different caste how its possible its impossible to make marry nothing works forget my daughter..

How can I forget her sir its impossible and what is caste feeling sir is it created by god every caste peoples having same kind of human structure...

Plzz every one should think about two hearts not for caste feeling... please help me sir now what I should do and how to convince her parents
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
    Unfortunately, the caste system won't disappear until more women become educated and have jobs, more people mentally move into the 21st century, and the older generation dies off.

There probably isn't much you can do. If you are both over 18 and she is willing to leave her family, you could elope and hope her family someday accepts you, especially when children are born in your marriage.

Sep 12, 2013, 08:57 PM
    I am 21 years old and she is from 19 years.. but we thought it once if we convince our parents they will feel happy
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumar89 View Post
    i am 21 years old and she is from 19 years..but we thought it once if we convince our parents they will feel happy
    Well, how then to convince her parents? It doesn't seem like her father is open to being convinced. And her mother will do whatever her father says.

Sep 12, 2013, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Well, how then to convince her parents? It doesn't seem like her father is open to being convinced. And her mother will do whatever her father says.

Yes obviously whatever her father said her mother will do but the problem is how to convince her father with my words
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 09:16 PM
    yes obviously whatever her father said her mother will do but the problem is how to convince her father with my words
    You have tried and got nowhere. He is caught in tradition and in your country's culture. The caste system is actually a man-made thing for division of labor and power, but I'm guessing he believes it had a religious beginning, from ancient times.

I do not know of anything you can say to him to change his mind.

Would your having a good education and job, and a promising future, influence him at all?

Sep 12, 2013, 09:23 PM
    You have tried and got nowhere. He is caught in tradition and in your country's culture. The caste system is actually a man-made thing for division of labor and power, but I'm guessing he believes it had a religious beginning, from ancient times.

I do not know of anything you can say to him to change his mind.

Would your having a good education and job, and a promising future, influence him at all?
    I completed my b.tech recently now searching for a job if I get good job even though if her father said no we are from different caste it will not work then what I should do..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 09:26 PM
    i completed my b.tech recently now searching for a job if i get good job even though if her father said no we are from different caste it will not work then what i should do..
    If she is not willing to leave her family for you, then you and she will not marry.

My suggestion is to find a good job, save money, remain friends with her (if she is willing), and take it day by day. Maybe he will soften as he ages and will want grandchildren. How old is he now? Does he have other children?

Sep 13, 2013, 03:14 AM
    If she is not willing to leave her family for you, then you and she will not marry.

My suggestion is to find a good job, save money, remain friends with her (if she is willing), and take it day by day. Maybe he will soften as he ages and will want grandchildren. How old is he now? Does he have other children?

He is around 50 to 52years old and he had one elder son and elder daughter my girl friend was younger in her family

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the marriage between a brahmin and bhumihar intercaste marriage ? [ 0 Answers ]

Is the marriage between a Bhumihar and a person with Pathak as the title(Probably a Brahmin by caste) an intercaste marriage ?

Intercaste marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends, Me and my girlfriend are in love for the last 2 years. We both are hindu but from a different caste.I informed this to my parents 18 months ago. Initially they did not agree but after 3 months they are convinced. Just 15 days back my girlfriend informed this to her parents and they...

Intercaste marriage [ 6 Answers ]

I am a muslim and I want to marry a girl of hindu caste? I know that marring a other caste girl is haram but if the girl is ready to convert islam? If my parents did not allow me to do marriage than what should I do?

Intercaste marriage [ 3 Answers ]

We both are hindu, but he is from lower caste than me, my parents are not agree for our marriage, we are trying to convince them but no use. Also, I've a elder brother and my parents saying that there will be problems in his marriage because of this. Pleae help me what to do in this situation, I...

View more questions Search