Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Healing a 15 yr old's concussion
    A week ago our 15 yr old daughter was outside, passed out, fell and hit her head on a rock. It took about three hours for her to start acting like herself. They checked her in the ER, thankfully found no brain bleed but said she has a severe concussion. I feel like there's something I could be doing to help speed healing. She has a severe headache all the time, which Dr. said could go on for several weeks or even months.
    Looking for ideas of what has been helpful for other people, especially teens.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do. She needs her rest and time. That's it.

It's not something that she should try to "work through." Rest helps the brain heal.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 09:22 PM
    When my son had a severe concussion, our Dr. gave us a list of things to avoid to help with the headaches. Call your doctor and ask for his list to ensure healing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Concussion [ 4 Answers ]

I hit my head on a metal stairwell and in left a indention in my head and I have been nauseaed is it possible I have a concussion n what should I do?

Concussion [ 1 Answers ]

I was playing volleyball, dove for a ball then slammed the back of my head on the ground. I got a headache right after it happened and I began to feel sick and shaky during the game. Are these signs of a concussion or am I just thinking too much into it

What to do about my concussion? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently got a concussion, which involved a loss of consciousness and I haven't experienced the usual symptoms such as nausea or headache since it occurred. This is also my first concussion. How long before I can return to physical activity such as football?

Mild concussion [ 3 Answers ]

What are the symptoms of a mild concussion? A 3-4 foot tall section of a telephone pole fell on my head on Sunday. I was fine on Sunday, just a bump and mild pain when I touched where I was hit, which is to be expected. Yesterday and today I've been out of it. Tired all the time. Slower...

Do I have a Concussion? [ 3 Answers ]

I'am not sure if this is the best category to ask this... but the other day during a basketball game I slammed my head against the floor and it's been pounding ever since... I feel extreme pressure and it aches... Is it possible that I might have a concussion? What are the signs so I can be...

View more questions Search