Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Sep 12, 2013, 11:13 AM
    Update
    I would like to update everyone about the cat question that I asked a few months ago. I am starting a new tread because the old one was locked.

Just a memory refresher: I had asked what everyone's opinion was about moving with an outdoor cat. I got lots of grief for having a strictly outdoor cat, but took it all in.

Now, months later and finally moved to our new home.

The cat in question took off while we were packing up the old house. She must have sensed the move with all of the commotion.

We started moving on August 28th 2013. I was trying to get all the smaller items and boxes over to the new home during the week because hubby works and we needed to be out of our rental by September 1st.

The cat was around for all of the small stuff being moved. When Friday, August 30th rolled around, hubby got off work early to help move the bigger items. We had debated taking the cat and dogs over to the new place while we loaded up all of the big items, but decided against it because we were going to have to leave doors open to bring in the stuff and didn't want to risk the cat running out and trying to find her way back "home".

We got everything loaded and took our last load to the new place, unloaded and ventured back to the old house for the animals.

The cat was gone. Couldn't find her. Went walking to try to find her, but she was off in the 25 acre wood. So, we left food for her.

For the next couple of days I made the trip back to the old house to try to find her, but she was never there. She didn't even touch the food we left for her. We had some very bad lightning and thunder showers and she still never came to the covered porch where she would normally hang out in that kind of weather.

So, for those of you who would like to say I told you so, go ahead. I have learned my lesson and from this day forward, if we decide to get another cat, it will be an indoor kitty by all means.

I have not given up on finding her. I keep returning to the old house in hopes that she will be there, but no luck. We have also asked our old Landlord to please keep an eye out for her and if he finds her to please let us know.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
    I am not going to say 'told you so' because she may find you yet! Anyway, all my cats have been outdoor cats and never go away. May not see pickle over night, but as soon as she sees activity in the morning, she is at the door.

I am sorry you lost her.

Sep 12, 2013, 01:54 PM
    That is normally how this cat was. She would be gone all day and I would worry about her, but it never failed, she always came back to eat. This is why I am worried now. She has not returned to eat any of the cat food we left for her and we left it in the normal spot. :(

Thank you for the response.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 02:03 PM
    I'm guessing she got packed into a box (has happened before) or became some critter's lunch. OR someone adopted her.

I'm sorry she disappeared -- and hope she shows up again eventually.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 05:33 PM
    In addition to returning to the old house, make sure your old neighbors know that you are continuing to look for her. Put up flyers with a photo of her, if you haven't already.
    I'm sorry to hear your cat is missing and I hope no harm has come to her.

Jan 14, 2014, 03:46 PM
    I think I may have finally found my missing cat! I was just browsing the Craigslist lost and found ads, as I do on occasion in hopes that I would run across my cat who went missing at the end of August/begining of September, when I found an ad that said "found long hair tabby, black orange and brown." Also, in the same city and not far from the old house. I checke dout the ad and pictures... looks just like her. Same identifying markings. E mailed the poster and he got inntouch with me. I will be heading over there tomorrow morning to check her out. I will know if she is mine because when she was fixed they gave her a small green dot tatto next to the incision. I will post tomorrow to keep all interested updated! Feeling hopeful!

Jan 16, 2014, 07:10 PM
    So, I did locate the missing cat! She was as healthy as the last time I seen her too. She even smelled fresh and was flee free. Which leads me to believe that someoen eprobably tired to keep her, but she wandered off from them too.

We are keeping her indoors and she has never been happier. She wasn't even hesitant of our 90lb pitt bull... maybe she remembers him? I will be taking her to the vet for a check, but as far as I can see, she is healthy and happy to be in her new home.

Thanks for listening
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 07:28 PM
    In rural areas outdoor cats are common. People on farms have them by the dozens. Also very common in smaller towns. Even here, nothing is more joy than our community cat that all the kids play with.

There are horror stories for indoor or outdoor cats. A outdoor cat can be very happy and live a long life also.

Jan 17, 2014, 11:34 AM
    Turns out she has tapeworm. Got that taken care of... gave her flea drops. Even though there have been no signs of fleas. I haven't seen any on her or hoping around my room. And if I do I will probably freak. I hate those nasty pests. We have also decided that once she gets used to being here, we will let her go outside. She was an outdoor cat before all of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just a little update! [ 20 Answers ]

Hello everyone, For those of you that know that I'm pregnant, I just wanted to let you know that I found out what the sex of the baby. It's offcial, it's a girl. She will be born at the end of December... Yay!! I can't wait! :)

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Update [ 13 Answers ]

I just got home from the dr appointment. I was schedualed to see a nurse practitioner, but they had me see my dr who was in the office anyway. He said everything is normal... lol... I'm so relieved. The reason he gave for the discharge was because of double the hormones. The contractions are normal...

View more questions Search