Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairyofchand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 12:56 AM
    Unusual behavior
    Hi, my cat is 1 n half yrs old. Very healthy and very active. She is completely litter trained but from last 2 days she is showing unusual behavior she pee on sofa,my bed pillow, foot mat,floor etc. I'm worried why she is doing so? There is no change in her diet as well. Please help me out I'm waiting for your reply.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2013, 01:50 AM
    Hi fairy and welcome,
    she is showing unusual behavior
    I thought this was usual for cats. Jokes aside, post whether she has been fixed and the pet experts will be along with good advice. Good luck
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 03:21 AM
    She could possibly have a urinary tract infection, often a cat will associate the discomfort of a UTI with the litterbox and refrain from using it.
    It could also be that she simply doesn't like the litter in her box.
    You should take her in for a urine check and rule the medical out first and go from there.
    Also is she spayed?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 05:39 AM
    Important to keep letterbox extremely clean as this is where UTIs start in cats.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Also do you have other pets? Sometimes animals will mark their territory. Or if it happens only when you are not home it could be separation anxiety disorder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual dog behavior [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old toy poodle. For probably the last month or so, he has been chasing nothing. He's jumping, almost doing back-flips, running into the corner, trying to climb the walls. It's getting worse. He spends probaby up to 3/4 of his day chasing 'nothing'. When I watch him, it looks...

Unusual behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Ive Had My Cat For Nearly 9 Years.she Is About 13. We Moved House About Seven Months Ago My Cat Stayed In For The First Four Months But Has Been Going Out A Little Each Day.not At Night.since Then She Don't Want To Come In Much Anymore.and Will Only Eat Pouch Food And Dried Nothing Else.when We...

Unusual Cat behavior [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old black cat. She is acting very strange and she has started dragging my husband and my daughters clothes all over the house when we leave. She will pull them out of the closet and out of drawers if left open. Is she angry or what could be making her do this? Thanks

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Unusual behavior for my daschund [ 1 Answers ]

I have a year old mini long haired daschund. He usually is very perky, etc. This morning I put him out to go to the bathroom. He wouldn't go - I had to walk him out and stand with him. Then, he's been laying around more than usual and follows me more than usual, sitting between my legs or wants...

View more questions Search