Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottsfood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Old GE furnace, replace blower motor
    Furnace has red,white,blue wires (blue could be green) new motor has red,yellow,blue,black,, what goes where? New motor DL1035
    dewey066 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Many times cased coils are only available and depending on the installation they can be "uncased" and placed into the ductwork, i.e.: in a furnace. If it is a new install then many times the cased coil is easier to mount in the ductwork, but if it is a replacement then sometimes you use the uncased coil. Other than that the coils themselves are identical.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2013, 06:09 PM
    White should go to yellow (neutral).
    You will have to determine if the red or blue on the furnace is powered in the heating mode. The other will likely be powered in cooling.

Connect the heating wire from the furnace to red on the motor.
    Connect the cooling wire from the furnace to the black on the motor.
    Put a wire nut (secured with tape) on the end of the blue motor wire & secure that wire to prevent it from getting into the blower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you replace an Amana furnace blower motor? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a very basic question. We have a GUCA090AX40 Amana Furnace and the blower motor seized up. It looks like the blower assembly should just pull out. There are no screws that I can see holding it in place. I don't want to force it out and damage anything. Is there a screw or retainer clip...

How to replace a blower motor on a Heil furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a model NTG3075FBA5 Heil gas furnace, approximately 10 years old. The blower motor has begun to intermittently make squealing noises and I suspect the motor bearings are about to fail. I have located a source for the proper 1/3 HP motor foir just under $100. The problem is I do not see...

1 HP blower motor replace 1/2 HP ? [ 20 Answers ]

To make long story short, I have this bad air handler blower problem, a technician came and determined the motor is bad, so he replace old motor with new motor and new capacitor. The unit work for little while then it got overheat and shut down. So we are back to square one, i.e. the blower will...

I replace the blower motor for a furnace.now won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I replace a blower motor for a furnace that is about 30 years old... now it won't shut off.. the colors of the new motor are different the old motor... maybe I rewired wrong?? please help

How do I replace the blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

How do I locate and replace the blower motor on my Carrier weathermaker 8000 model # 58ZAV096-12.

View more questions Search