Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FREEWIKKI Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Toilet shoots water like a bidet without flushing
    Today while my wife was sitting on the toilet water shot up from the toilet, not the tank and sprayed her as if she were using a bidet
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 10, 2013, 06:37 PM
    Very unusual. Was another toilet some where else flushed when this happened?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
    Is this a single level home or what?

Sep 10, 2013, 09:58 PM
    No, happened around 3 pm with only one person at the time in the house. It kind of freaked her out.

Sep 10, 2013, 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Is this a single level home or what?
    Let me know if you did not receive another post from me please but it is a single level home
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
    More details please! Was your problem with any other fixtures or just the one toilet?
    Was the city working on the street main? Has this happened again? Can you give us more details? Back to you, Tom

Sep 11, 2013, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    More details please! Was your problem with any other fixtures or just the one toilet?
    Was the city working on the street main? Has this happened again? Can you give us more details? Back to you, Tom
    I have no knowledge of street main work being done, none on our street for sure. This house was built in 1951. New piping done in past two years, both input and output including new main to street. This has not happened again. Single story house with two baths. No water being used anywhere in house at the time. The toilet is a low water usage, 1.6 gal's I believe. No leaks anywhere that we are aware of.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2013, 01:05 PM
    Is it a pressure assist toilet?

Sep 11, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Is it a pressure assist toilet?
    Not a pressure assist, standard old style with no frills or changes made to toilet
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 12, 2013, 08:12 AM
    Okay guys! Let's take a moment and use some logic. This situation couldn't have happened the way the OP posted. We can eliminate water from the tank because the OP says so in his first post.
    So the problem had become from the main. If there were enough back pressure to shoot the water up out of the toilet bowl water would shot up out of every trap in the house. Since OP didn't complain about that I question whether it happen that way at all.
    And where did all that back pressure come from in the first place? Perhaps the OP would care to clear that up for us. The ball's in your court Freewiikki. Back to you, Tom

Sep 12, 2013, 04:15 PM
    The wife says that the water was "brown" water and that while sitting and getting her bottom "washed" the bath tub "made funny noises" She, after cleaned herself up she went straight back to bed. It still has not happened again to date. My first thought was the vent being clogged or covered with leaves. Second is that the main had a blockage that was a temporary blockage in the newly replaced main sewage line. Sorry guys that is all I have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water flushing in and out of toilet and slow water pressure in my whole apartment [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet suddenly stopped flushing this eve and now there is also slow water pressure from both my sinks. Im a single mom of 3 kids and we live alone with no one around this weekend to help me fix it and even my landlord is away for the weekend! Is there a way to fix this somehow on my own with...

Toilet bowl that won't hold water, started with slow toilet, now non flushing [ 1 Answers ]

What started as a slow toilet, now non flushing except 1-2 times in morning, has turned into a toilet bowl that won't hold water but the tank still does. The tub is first on the line, then the toilet, then 30' to septic tank. Snaked through the vent, got a lot of greasy goo, but still toilet...

Is there a toilet that works as a bidet? [ 4 Answers ]

Someone told me that there is a toilet that doubles as a bidet. Has anyone heard of who makes it? I wanted to add a bidet to one of the bathrooms, a combo unit would allow more room.

Basement toilet gurgles and shoots out water [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We live in a 3 story 3 year old home. We recently had the basement completed and only sometimes when the washing machine is draining the basement toilet gurgles and shoots water out onto the floor. We had the septic tank cleaned which was completely full but did not solve the problem. ...

View more questions Search