Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flatsouffle Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 09:23 PM
    I think I may be crazy!
    I don't know what it is but my mood changes drastically all the time. One day I'll be pissed off for no reason, and the next day be super happy and bubbly. Then one minute I would be content and all of a sudden burst into tears. One day I was at work and I was working the cash register and I was smiling and suddenly had the urge to burst into tears. Its starting to interfere with my work. We're supposed to be happy and enthusiastic and sometimes I'm so angry I get sent home but I can't help it. What is this craziness?

Recently I found out my best friend slept with my love interest and at first I was mad but the next day I felt numb on the inside. Could that contribute to the problem? Even though that's a recent thing this mood swing has been ongoing and is getting worse.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 10, 2013, 04:56 AM
    It would help to know your age and gender.
    Assuming young and female, it could be hormonal imbalance. It could be psychological. It could be both. Some women benefit from taking birth control pills to even out their moods, but it doesn't work for everyone.
    As for your 'love interest,' what exactly does that mean? If you mean someone you are interested in but it's one sided, you have no rights to that person at all.

Sep 10, 2013, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    It would help to know your age and gender.
    Assuming young and female, it could be hormonal imbalance. It could be psychological. It could be both. Some women benefit from taking birth control pills to even out their moods, but it doesn't work for everyone.
    As for your 'love interest,' what exactly does that mean? If you mean someone you are interested in but it's one sided, you have no rights to that person at all.
    21 female. As in love interest this guy knew how I felt about him and it seemed that my feelings for him were reciprocated and it was my decision to not move anything further because we do work together and all but we've been close friends for like 8 months now. And the chick works with us as well who is also one of my "former" good friends she even lived with me when she was homeless and she knows that I like him too in fact she realized I was crushing on him before I did (or at least before I came to terms with it). I know I have no "rights" to him at all but I can't say that it still hurts. Besides that situation has passed and now I feel nothing at all and I think that is what scares me the most, the fluctuations of mood. I plan on seeing a psych soon but I just wanted to see if others have had similar experiences.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 04:32 AM
    I think its your 'heart' trying to protect you from the pain that you feel the nothing at all. Besides its not like you did have a history with him where you would have a harder time coping with getting over it. Getting hurt like that is not something you bounce back from easily. Tell yourself, for one, that you found out that he can so easily sleep with a girl so causally BEFORE you ended up getting into a relationship with him.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 06:02 AM
    You are allowing others to determine your mood for the day. Why give them that power? When you put yourself in control of your mood you will have a good day every day. Trust me, it works.

You can't control the actions of others. You can't control what they say to you, how they act to you, or how they feel about you. So why let that bother you? Wake up and tell yourself every morning that you are going to have a great day and you will. It takes practice but it does work.

Don't measure yourself worth on what others think of you. Yourself worth is based on what you think of you so be a best friend to yourself.
    12345678ww Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Emotional times make life difficult,don't be to hard on yourself and go to the doctors for a check up to rule out anything wrong.life is hard at times,maybe find something that you like to do which helps you feel good about yourself. i.e yoya or some exersise that interests you. Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 06:11 PM
    So who else is using your account?

Oct 20, 2013, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    So who else is using your account?
    No one else is using my account haha no one knows I have one... I'm just a messed up chick I guess:)

Oct 20, 2013, 09:05 PM
    Im losing myself and it scares me
    Ok I have a previous post about my mental state and here's an update...

I don't want to sound like a whiny little child but I have problems that I feel now are waaay beyond my control. At first I would have bouts of mood swings but now its getting worse and is interfering with my life. I get so sad and depressed all the time and its random, some days I would be so up and happy and feel that I can conquer anything (and its an awesome feeling by the way) and then out of no where (usually when I'm alone with my thoughts) my mood changes to sad and down to the point where you can tell I am mentally "not here". Im a college student, my freshman year I made a bunch of friends I had an actual social life and even made decent grades, senior year (around the time where I noticed the change) I pulled away from the social scene a bit so I could focus more on school I still keep in contact with my very close friends (this chick I met at work and my old roommate). I started to notice that my outings declined and I would barely get phone calls from my friends and even my family. I started spending more and more time in my dorm cooped up but it didn't bother me too much because I would just preoccupy myself with studying. But I did have a sense of lonliness but nothing too bad. My junior year I moved off campus because living in the dorms were too expensive I had two jobs and I was taking 18hrs of classes so I was busy ALL THE TIME which also kept me away from being alone with my thoughts. But in effort to concentrate more on school I left one of my jobs now I have wayyy too much free time. In my senior year I noticed the drastic change in mood. I have an OVERWHELMING sense of lonliness. I have no friends except the chick I met at work (were still close) and its hard for me to make new ones. Im naturally an introvert (unless I'm drunk) I have no meaningful conversations with people and its really hard for me to connect with others. My roommate and I were best of friends we were together all the time hung out and talked non stop I was always there for her through thick and thin even when she battled her eating disorder and her bad relationship I was always there and asked for nothing in return. She recently started dating this guy and now they're serious and we don't even talk I see her maybe an hour a week we don't hang out or even share the occasional text which is crazy because we live together. I have no one that I can talk to about my feelings I never get phone calls from people or text messages or invited out not even from family. I do try to put myself out there and I meet a lot of people but some how fail to make connections with people to form actual friendships. Im a week from being 22 and I already feel as if my life is over. I work a job that I absolutely hate but can't leave because I can't find another one. They constantly cut my hours so I can barely afford my half of the rent and other bills every month. Im always worrying about money which sucks, I find it harder and harder to get out of bed to go to class so far I'm failing class (attendance wise) because I can't motivate myself to get out of bed. I have no one here helping me even my college advisor told me I should just drop out which made me feel even worse. Even my job is threatened sometimes when its slow and I don't have much work to do I jjust think and my mind always slips into its depressive state no matter how much I try to fight it, to the point where I'm nearly in tears and my boss is on his last leg trying to help me keep my job. I have no more goals or ambitions I don't even know why I'm in school anymore and don't plan on having a future because I constantly have dream and recurring suicidal thoughts (which I haven't had since I was like 10). its getting so out of hand that even when I'm at work (actually working) my mind slips into suicide and images of ways to kill myself pop into my head. And I just tear up in front of customers which is very embarrassing. I feel like I'm losing myself and I don't see myself living past 25 which is scary. I want to talk to mom but after being around each other for 5 minutes we argue. I lost my faith in God from a past event and all my parents want to do is push religion in my face. I want to see a psychologist but I'm too poor to afford one (i don't even know how I'm going to eat for the next three days). I have pets that I care for better than I care for myself solely because I'm so lonely. And to make it more pathetic I'm currently throwing myself at this guy's heels that I used to date three years ago just because I'm so lonely and every day I try to convince him and myself that I still love him just so I won't sleep another night in a big empty house... Im hopeless...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 09:26 PM
    The school doesn't have a counseling service?

Do your parents have health insurance? You're covered until age 26.

Oct 20, 2013, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The school doesn't have a counseling service?

Do your parents have health insurance? You're covered until age 26.
    I did but the health insrance I had with my dad he dropped me because it doesn't cover the state I'm in. And yea my school is money hungry counseling costs and its at a discont rate if I have UHP insurance which I don't, I have a government funded medical card which only covers check ups and dental
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatsouffle View Post
    I did but the health insrance I had with my dad he dropped me because it doesn't cover the state I'm in. And yea my school is money hungry counseling costs and its at a discont rate if I have UHP insurance which I don't, I have a government funded medical card which only covers check ups and dental
    There are therapists and counselors who work on a sliding scale and at very low cost. Check into that. They always have a psychiatrist in their back pocket if you need meds. Medicaid will kick in to cover a lot of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crazy crazy crazy the crowd is going crazy [ 0 Answers ]

What the name of the song containg the words" can't get you out of my head, my destiny, forever, and" lie lie lie lie lie" repeated several times at the ned of the somg" help me pla

Getting crazy! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! For the past week or so I've been trying to find the movie to which this scene belongs: one car is driving along a highway, another follows it. The first car stops, a person steps out of it and sprinkles some sort of white dust on the street, then jumps back in the car and drives off. As...

Am I crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know how to start the thing is I feel sad upset and depressed like 90% of the time I can't claim I have real problems I have to best friends my mum and my older sister that doesn't mean I don't have other friends I do it's just they are the most people I trust that's all my father is a...

Going Crazy ! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I believe I am pregnant , but not to sure . I smoke pot for my seizure disorder instead of taking regular medications . Tell you the truth , it stopped my seizures about 60 %. Would smoking pot while I'm pregnant affect my pregnancy at all ? I have been going crazy the past few days...

Am I crazy? [ 1 Answers ]

For several months my best friend and I have had dreams that are connected. Like on the same night we dream the same dream. Sometimes it happens to be that it may be a week apart. The dreams we have been having have been on the same thing with the same people for MONTHS and honestly we are confused...

View more questions Search