Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phya75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 02:23 PM
    How to lighten already dyed hair even lighter
    I dyed my hair... it was suppose to be honey blonde and red... however my natural hair color is Jet black so, of course the color is not as light and bright as I’d like it to be. Plus when I conditioned it the red kind of blended in with the blonde…. It doesn’t look bad but it is not as light as I want it. How can I lighten and brighten it without having to do both colors again? If I do honey blonde over everything will it keep the red tint but lighten or will everything be gone? Can I use peroxide? I don’t want to get rid of the color I just want it to be lighter. And I understand the risk of damage… my hair is really strong and it was virgin hair before I dyed it. It hasn’t been shedding or breaking since the color either. Thanks in advance.
    Shane moss Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 11:53 PM
    If you section off the red parts you don't want dying e.g wrap then in foil or cling film or something. Once they're all sectioned off, just dye you're blonde lighter? If you dye all of it then you're red bits will turn to orange, then you'll have to re dye them red.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Lighten Dyed Hair [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just 12 and I dyed my hair loreal light golden blonde. But then the color was uneven so I needed a way to lighten my hair at the bottom. Please don't say bleach because it will cause hair fall! Some help please? Thanks!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

How do I lighten my dyed hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair with loreal feria's very light beige blonde today. When I rinsed it out, I noticed it was too dark. It became like a reddish medium brown ughhhh! Anyway, I want to have a medium ash blonde color. Can you help? Please tell me immediately. But one more thing, I don't want to bleach or...

How to lighten dyed hair [ 2 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE! I have died my naturally light brown hair too dark and hate it. I went back to the store and bought a lighter shade and used it to no avail. I have read some of the other posts and do not understand what peroxide 20 is?? I have used three different dyes now on three consecutive...

View more questions Search