Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Lump on the Side of a Cat
    If a cat develops a lump on their side around their ribs, what are the possibilities of what it could be? I know that I need to get Boots to the vet, and will. But, just want to ease my mind as far as what it could be. It was recently discovered.
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Mar 28, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Hello Clough,

Rather than give you a list conditions which could cause a lump on the side of your cat 'Boots', which could alarm you, my advice is to do what you said and get him/her to the vet as soon as you can.

None of us here can diagnose the problem, only a vet can after examination and possibly a biopsy.

There are many conditions which can cause this problem, a lot of which are very easily treated.

May I advise you therefore to look on the bright side and let your vet look at Boots.

I love your cat's name by the way.

Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Cy
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Mar 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Did he recently get any kind of vaccination or injection? Is it painful, red, or accompanied with hair loss? Is it movable and soft? Lipomas, or fatty tissue growths, are a very common occurrence in dogs and cats. A fine needle aspirate is quick and diagnostic-schedule an appointment today!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

?nursing cat with on lump on nipple [ 3 Answers ]

I have a nursing cat with four kittens about 3-4 weeks old. The mother cat is young not even a year old and has had a very hard time nursing. She has developed a large oval shaped hard mass on one of her back nipples. Feels like hard cold clay. Almost feels like it is attached to body. She has...

Cat with large lump/bump between eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I'd like to apologise for the long post but I am trying to give as much information as possible. :o About two weeks ago our cat began sneezing, was lethargic and off his food. He slept a lot. Three days later he seemed to fully recover and began eating and behaving as he normally...

Lump/Swollen side of penis [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, Today I returned home and noticed the left side of my penis (on the shaft near almost near the head) was swollen, and there was a lump that kind of feels like a trail of something maybe (almost like a hard string that goes halfway around the penis)? Anyway, I've been researching for the...

Hard lump on cat [ 2 Answers ]

My cat Sam (11yr) developed a limp about a month ago, had it 2 years ago and came back last month. Over the last month a large lump has come up at the top of his front left leg and he as bad limp now. He had x-rays, blood work which they said was inclusive and what to aspirate the lump. The lump...

View more questions Search