Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmcvickers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 12:26 PM
    Briggs Stratton mower won't run
    I have a 20hp briggs and stratton ohv v twin motor that will not run right. Unless choke is pulled out it will not idle.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Hi,
    Sounds like a dirty fuel system to me. Also, suggest that you view the YouTube video on the adjustment of the valves on the model engine at:
    Lawn Mower Repair Valve Adjustment V-Twin - YouTube
    And as the Internet is known to have, there is another site with a pictoral tutorial of the cleaning of your carb in two parts at:
    Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs Intek V-twin Two-Barrel Nikki Carburetor - Part 1
    And:
    Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs Intek V-twin Two-Barrel Nikki Carburetor - Part 2
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & stratton backfires through the carby and won't run [ 8 Answers ]

My 12.5 hp B&S willnot runafter winter it is backfireing through the Carby & air filter

Briggs&Stratton won't run w/o choke [ 9 Answers ]

There is no water in the fuel, replaced fuel pump diaphragm's and springs. Will start and run with the choke 7/8 closed, as I increase the throttle I can open the choke more until the throttle is wide and the choke is closed. Hellllp. It is on a 19.5 hp craftsman 42" mower ~ 8 years old. ...

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp OHV - Won't Run [ 8 Answers ]

I have a yard machine mower that was running great. It shut off in the middle of cutting and that was that. If I pour gas in the carb it tries to start, so I know I have fire. I have plenty of gas going to the carb and the solenoid on the bottom is working fine. I had the carb off, took the main...

View more questions Search