Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricmocarter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Harley front brakes
    What would make my front duel disk brakes apply themselves and skid the front tire on my harley
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:50 AM
    Thoughts:

. Caliper pins need to be lubricated--only use silicone grease.

. Brake fluid needs changing, to remove moisture, corrosion, crud, and replace lubricity.

If the problem persists, the calipers may need to be replaced. Corrosion may have pitted the caliper housing and piston, not allowing the square-cut seal to retract the piston.
    ricmocarter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 09:19 PM
    Thank you for your response.I changed the fluid already but I read in the book that the master should squirt up inside when you squeze the lever .this is the relief valve in the system and mine doesn't do that so that's got to be changed.anyway thanks again and I will lube those pins like you said.thankyou... ricmo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

R.W.A.L.brakes and front caliper problem. [ 14 Answers ]

Can mal-function of the RWALsystem cause front caliper brake drag.In diagnosing front brake drag one needs to know this.

Overheating brakes dodge ram 2500 van 2001yr RWAL brakes. [ 1 Answers ]

Brakes were dragging and slowing vehicle: vacuum booster ,master cyl. combination valve, brake hoses are replaced and system flushed and bled numerous times.But after all of that,the front wheels still run very hot 185deg.after driving some miles.The wheels don't spin freely when turned by...

How to adjust the brakes on a simplicity3108 riding mower. My brakes don't work [ 0 Answers ]

Simplicity a3108 riding mower. The clutch/brake is not working

Front brakes 2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl 4 dr ex [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change the front rotors and pads. I wanted to know if there was a specific socket or torx bit I need to remove the calipers.

Difference between front and back brakes messing up? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2002 hyundai acent GL. I know I need rotors and brakes pads. I already called and got an estimate $207.00 Sound about right? I am wondering though how can I tell between the front brakes being messed up or the back ones? I know they have been making a grinding noise but I can I tell which...

View more questions Search