Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnas150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 04:04 AM
    Replacement wiring for a lawnflite ride on mower
    Hi I have an LT130 Lawnflite ride on mower. I am having problems with the starter switch. When I turn the key on and hear a little click one of the wires behind the ignition switch starts smoking and melting and the engine won't start.
    The engine does start if I short the solenoid but I have put a new one in as a precaution anyway but I still have the same problem with the switch and the engine won't start this way, only unles I short the solenoid.

Do you know what the problem is? (The engine is a briggs and stratton 12.5HP)
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 06:27 AM
    Hi,
    The two most commonly failed parts in the electrical system are the solenoid and the key switch with about equal frequency. I would say that you had better start next with the key switch before it runs battery voltage on the ignition ground wire and you have to replace the ignition as well.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    johnas150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I will give that a go next and report back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manuals for lawnflite 603 mower-tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how many belts there are and there layout and any information on how to change them. Thank you

How do you start a Lawnflite 603 mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a client that has inheritted a Lawnflite 603 mower but has no manual. We can get the engine to spin but can't get it to start. Has anybosy any ideas? Thanks

Ride on mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I brought a westwood s600 ride on mower (TUG) is it's outher name I've just had 2 replace the carburetor on it what I what 2 do Is I'd like 2 get it running another 10-15 mph it's a 10hp I don't want 2 muck about with the engine would it help if I put a new drive belt on & a new air filter in...

Ride on mower [ 0 Answers ]

How can I wire up a car radio & speakers to a 10hp ride on mower

Ride on mower replacement engines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ride on mower with a 13.5hp engine on it. Where can I get a vertical replacement engine that is 32hp or higher with electric start? Need to price one very soon before the engine goes bad I give the engine about 2 weeks to a month

View more questions Search