Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lacelinda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 03:10 AM
    Is my husband entitled to half my house I have been paying all bills
    My husband walked out on me he was pretending to go to work but was seeing some one else.the house is in my name and I have been paying al the bills for the last four years because he has no job now he want me to give him half of every thing he says he is entitled.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 03:33 AM
    Depending on where you live, yes, he may be entitled, whose name is on deed ?

Was house bought, before or after marriage

Where do you live?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Tell him to take you to court and you will agree to what the Judge says. The house being in your name and you paying the bills take proof for the Judge to rule more in your favor. He may not get 50/50 but he could get a portion. Tell him there is no use in him discussing this since you will do as the Judge rules. Until then he is wasting his breath. In the meantime Keep a list of everything he takes or took out of the house.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 8, 2013, 07:02 AM
    File for divorce and get a lawyer.
    Gather all your papers and proofs of what you paid.
    A lot depends on when the house was bought and what state you live in.
    Don't just wait to see what he does next.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Laws vary by area, so its possible. As the others have advised, hire an attorney and file for divorce.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Also it is going to make a difference as to how the house was acquired. If it was purchased before or during the marriage and if the judge rules on it being separate property or community property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing a sibling from Mother's house who is not paying bills [ 2 Answers ]

My 55yr old brother has been living with my Mom for over 5 years and has paid NOTHING! He's also maxed out one of her credit cards & doesn't make the payments on that either. She now lives in a nursing home & needs every penny. How do I (her P.O.A.) remove him from the home so I can prepare to sell...

I'm paying our house utility bills,not my sister. [ 6 Answers ]

Living in our family house after mom passed away,I'm paying all the bills,can I buy our house and pay out their shares towards them? What's my legal rights as I am the youngest sister,last to get married.

My husband (whom I'm separating from soon) says he's moving out and not paying bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can my soon - to - be separated husband move out and not pay bills, including mortgage, which is the current situation? Our mediator said that until our house is sold (going on market this week) - bill paying remains "status quo". Please help - I have no money! Thank you

Am I entitled to half of my husbands house since we bought it while we were married [ 3 Answers ]

We bought the house while we were married but my husband would not put my name on the deed. Am I still entitled to anything?

Nc laws about cheating husband paying 1/2 of bills w/his name on them [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just left and we just had a baby, bought a new house and new truck which are in both of our names. Does he by NC law have to pay his half of our bills even if he leaves? I can't pay for this alone?? He says he can't he has to pay for his new apt for him and his new girlfriend. I had...

View more questions Search