Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KendraK9494 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2013, 12:11 PM
    How can I gain my parents trust and respect back
    I recently started selling my clothes at fetish websites and my parents found out about it while I was at college. My father was more disappointed with the guys that visited my profile and sending me messages. My parents want to ground me by taking my computer away for a few months. I'm an adult now and I don't think my parents should still be grounding me anymore. I pay for my transportation, food, cellphone bills, tuition fees, in addition to paying my part of the rent.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 7, 2013, 12:25 PM
    It's September - are you finished with college, but living with your parents?
    I personally see nothing to apologize about, nor do I feel that there is any 'trust' that was lost. It was none of their business, except a bit in that grey area of using your computer (that they bought?) at their house on their dime.
    So move out, or apologize just for the sake of keeping the peace in the household.
    I would move out. I just don't see what trust was lost so I don't see what trust is to be regained.
    I have no interest in selling my used underwear, but I see countless such sales going on on eBay, and if you can make enough (along with a regular job) to get your own place to live or a roommate situation, that's what I would do.
    Your choice.
    (BUT don't get personal with any of your buyers! DANGEROUS! )
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 7, 2013, 01:27 PM
    I'm just wondering if all you bills are covered, why did you end up on fetish sites selling your clothes in the first place?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2013, 04:43 PM
    They probably are concerned that you are attracting pervs. Many parents say 'you live under my roof, you abide by my rules'. So as Joy said you can move out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to gain trust back? [ 18 Answers ]

Right basically me and my girlfriend have been together for 3 months now, and I've been a bad person and done some horrible things to her. At the start we were so happy, and everything was perfect and I couldn't of asked for anything more. She trusted me, I trusted her. Then she went on holiday...

How to gain trust back [ 15 Answers ]

How can I join trust back. I lied to my girl about not talking to other girls but I don't want to lose her I really love her we been together for a year now. And I need to know what can I do to gain her trust back

How to gain the trust and love back from my boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

OK me and my boyfriend got together in January I had just got out of a relationship 3 months prior. I had let my ex borrow 4,000 dollars before we had broke up and he was to pay me back every two weeks until he paid it back. I got with my current boyfriend and I never told him about my ex...

How do I gain my parents trust back? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 17 , and just recently my parents somehow found out that I had had sex with my boyfriend who is also 17, and we have been dating for 1 1/2 now . Anyway they now don't trust me anymore and won't let me go anywhere without my sister as a tag a long ! And I can't even walk in my back yard without...

How to gain trust back [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how you can earn your trust back from a loved one To cut a long story short I cheated on him a few times 3 times that is but every time I have had a drink and didn't mean to hurt him and I talks to family that he hates I really do love him we have a daughter together and I...

View more questions Search