Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M2411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2013, 04:05 PM
    1 week late
    I was just wondering as I know most pee test are not accurate if taken to soon, how early and accurate will a blood test be? I don't want to go in to soon to be told it may be to early to detect...
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 6, 2013, 05:10 PM
    Hi,

Not all pee and blood tests are the same. There are pee tests that are more sensitive than a blood test. Some tests only look to see "if" you are pregnant and not at the actual value. A quantitative blood test (blood) is very accurate. A qualitative, YES or NO, isn't as exact.

Are you using a NAME BRAND pregnancy test? Are you using your WAKE UP urine? It really does make a difference.

If you haven't had your period 7-10 days AFTER you expected it, see your doctor.

Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 05:15 PM
    At 7 days it would be too early to test for the majority of women. Some women will get an accurate result this early, but most women won't test accurately until they're at least 2 weeks (14 days) late.

So wait another week, then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, test again or get a blood test.

Edit: want to add that name brand pregnancy test doesn't matter. All pregnancy tests test for the same thing. A dollar store pregnancy test will be just as accurate as the $15 dollar name brand test. They test for the hcg horomone. It's either there, or it isn't. Only pregnancy produces this hormone. You don't need to buy the expensive test to get an accurate result. But, first morning urine is important. I do agree with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One week late [ 0 Answers ]

Im missed my last period apart from one morning Then nothing just recently had a flu jab would this cause This to happen it didn't last time I had one should I be concerned as me and boyfriend have been a bit active and not always in the safest possible way. Any advice would be great

About a week late when it came [ 5 Answers ]

My period was about a week late when it came it was not really a period it was not even what you would call a period if I wipe I might get something on my toilet paper and some times I won't get any took a pregnancy test before period came it was negative should I take another one.

A week late [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, currently I am about a week late for my period, however I took two pregnancy tests and both came up negative. I researched the possibilities of false negatives, however the sources I found stated that it is almost impossible for a false negative to occur 14 days after ovulation, and when I took...

How come I am one week late [ 1 Answers ]

I am a week and a half late for my period and I'm not cramping or anything I always get my period in the beginning of the month and I took a pregnancy test yesterday evening and this morning and they both came out negative could I be pregnant?

A week Late [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a week late on my period and I'm never late. I have been having regular periods for over a year and I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all showed up negative. I was talking to one of my cousins about it and she told me that she had taken a pregnancy test with her second child and it gave her a...

View more questions Search