Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmeier Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2005, 10:56 AM
    Addition foundation
    Does anyone have any experience with connecting a new crawlspace to a existing block foundation? I know if they are both poured you could use rebar to connect them, or if they were both block you would key the new one into the existing, but is it possible to mix the two?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2005, 09:11 PM
    Good question, and I have no experience with it. Surely bashing a few holes in the block would allow the poured concrete to flow into the holes and lock things together. You may need to actually poke the concrete into the holes. I have read that it is important to remove all disturbed dirt when building a new foundation next to an old one. Makes good sense to me. If the block is a basement, you may need to go down to the bottom of the footer right next to it.

Like I said, we could use some more good people here in construction, automobiles too. I am doing what I can, but we could use a few more people like Tom in plumbing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addition Sewer Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am adding on to my house and a bathroom is part of the plan. I have attached a diagram of what I am planning, and had a couple of questions: 1. As the bathroom is in the center-back of the house, and no access to existing sewer, I have to run the line toward the rear of the house to get...

Addition wiring questions [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings all, I am finishing up an addition to my house. With winter fast approaching, I want to get the electrical done and inspected before the snow flies. (This is pretty long,but, I want to make sure that I do it right before the inspector comes out. For some background info: I...

Toilet addition [ 5 Answers ]

There supposedly is a device, kind of like a garbage disposer, that allows you to pump the waste from a toilet through a 2-inch drain pipe. What exactly is that thing and how does it work?

Basement bathroom addition [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother with no working knowledge of how a project is done and the expected time of completion. I am worried about being taken advantage of since I know nothing of my project. I am adding a bathroom to a basement. The bathroom wall backs up to all the plumbing into the home. My real...

View more questions Search