Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sindhu sundar1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Why scan result does not show my early pregnancy?
    Hi,

Greetings to all of you.

Am newly married and am 27 year female and Its 16 days past my menstruation cycle. I did myself home pregnancy test today and got negative results. I underwent for a abdomen scan and blood test yesterday. The doctor could not diagnose pregnancy with the scan result and asked me to wait for two days for the blood test results. But am having basic symptoms for pregnancy like Brest tenderness, morning sickness,Headache & Back pain, Tiredness and Spotting etc.Please help me out what should I do regarding further diagnoses..

Thanks.

Sindhusundar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 08:29 PM
    Because at 16 days past due on cycle a scan would not really show anything, not seeing is more common than seeing something.

Also it is common to get false negative at 16 days late, some women will not show positive till 2nd month on home tests.

But the other issue is that the "signs" are not normally happening at 16 days late but not for a t least a few more weeks, and they can also be a sign of missing a period or a period getting ready to start. Some women even miss a period now and then
    sindhu sundar1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 10:20 PM
    Dear Mr.Chuck,

Many thanks for your response.

My period date was July 22 but I was getting these symptoms from July 19 on wards. We got married on May 29, my last period before marriage was on may 15 and it was on June 22 and July 22 after marriage. Since then I did not had period. But am getting those symptoms on July 19 on wards. Am having regular period from I got matured. Still is there any chances of missing a complete period or any chances for other decease?

Please respond if am not disturbing you.

Regards,

Sindhusundar
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 10:30 PM
    We cannot diagnose pregnancy online. Your urine test was negative, the scan was done too early if your period is only 16 days late, and the blood test results aren't in yet.

The only way to diagnose pregnancy is with a urine test (you did that and it was negative), a blood test (you did that and no result yet), and a scan in later pregnancy (your scan was done too early).

Are you pregnant? You could be. But you won't find the answer online.

Wait for your next period. If you miss it, test again, or get another blood test done.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy can result from this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, can this cause pregnancy? I was standing in the bus when a man rubbed to my as* for 3-4 times, I'm virgin and at that time I had periods so I was wearing pad.(both were clothed certainly) I'm scared, if semen can get through clothes in pad and then from pad in vagina and cause pregnancy?...

Can pills I take show a negative result for percocet in Urine? [ 1 Answers ]

Flexorall, Baclofen, Noroton

Early pregnancy scan says I'm 5-6 weeks... When I should be 5 weeks? [ 3 Answers ]

I received an early Pregnancy scan today. I should only be 5 weeks tomorrow they were able to see the baby and estimated 5 weeks and four days... how does this work??

I was wondering what exactly show up on a live scan fingerprint background check? [ 2 Answers ]

What specifically shows up on a live scan fingerprinting background check? I would like to apply to nursing school and this is the form of background check that is required. I was charged with theft and these charges are dismissed. I do not have a felony or misdemenour* on my record. Does this...

Will my dismissed case show up on LIVE SCAN? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an excellent job opportunity that has come up but requires LIVE SCAN and a background check. My concern is that I have a past conviction (theft) that was eventually expunged/dismissed by my lawyer and a plea of not guilty was entered. The expungement was granted by the court about 10 years...

View more questions Search