Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aayani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 12:30 PM
    Depigmenting
    For the past 2 years I'm starting to form white markks and spots on my body, especially my legs. I don't use anything currently. I'm interested in depigmenting completely instead of being spotted more and more like a cow, but not enough to receive monobenzone treatment.

I'm interested in depigmenting completely. Please reputable sources of where I can receive pure monobenzone that isn't polluted with mercury or other skin bleaching agent. Just pre mono. Looking forward to answers and info.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2013, 12:32 PM
    So... you want to do what Michael Jackson did? Have you been diagnosed by a doctor yet?
    Aayani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Michael Jackson was diagnosed with vitiligo. My dermatologist diagnosed me with vitiligo stage 1 and prescribed a corticosteroid for repigmentation of the patches a year ago, which I still use. Stating that there is not enough skin cells that are depigmented (70% or greater the body must already be depigmented. The corticosteroid helped with some of my patches and spots, but I have more showing up and now spreading to my neck, face, and ears. To describe it my skin looks more like growing cow prints.

I would like to have an even complexion, with or without melanin as I'm losing my melanin at a slow rate anyhow. My grandmother was diagnosed with vitiligo, my mother was also and their skin is very uneven and at later stages of vitiligo and are patched up everywhere. I had it since 19.
    Any informative feedback?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2013, 04:17 PM
    You have to realize that most of the people on this site using creams and other things on their skin, are doing so not because of an actual disease, but only to lighten their skin. Their skin tone is even to start with, they just find it too dark.

I do sympathize, but any cream, if there were one that actually worked to "bleach" the skin, will do so on every part of the skin. In other words, if you have patches, and apply a cream, and it lightens the skin, it will also lighten the skin surrounding the patches. So you'll still have patches, only they, and the skin around them, will be lighter. I hope I'm explaining this properly.

I really really really wouldn't trust anything you find online. I would trust your doctor, and continue to follow advice from that source. You will very likely end up doing more damage if you use a product recommended from some source you found online.
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Sep 11, 2013, 05:02 PM
    Honestly, unless you get a prescription from a physician, there is no way of knowing if buying monobenzone is safe and authentic. I spent years and tons of money trying to find legit mono from online sources. That's why I make my own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depigmenting with Monobenzone? [ 26 Answers ]

I have been using Monobenzone since July of last year. My brown skin faded out beautifully, and now I am sure this is what Michael jackson did to himself. Because I was the same before color and now I am the same after color. Don't use it if you want to lighten up, monobenzone is really strong...

View more questions Search