Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Try outs
    Okay my cheerleading tryouts are on Thursday!! Any advice? My toe-touch is pretty good now, I have sharp motions, and good spirt. But what do I do if I mess up? Should I ask to re-do it or will I get points deducted? Should I wear make-up? And also we drew our numbers today and I'm the last one. Does that put me at an advantage or disadvantage??
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Mar 27, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Great questions!

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchic24
    But what do i do if i mess up?
    Keep on going! In a competition you can't just stop and ask for a re-do. You will need to suck it up and drive on. If it is a minor slip you may even be able to make it appear as though you meant it if you keep smiling.

DO NOT let the judges know that you goofed. Unless they know your routine in advance, they do not know what you are going to do so keep moving as though you meant every part. Good competitors can make good cover ups.

If they notice it, yeah, you will get some deductions but that is better than stopping in the middle altogether. Stay confident and finish the routine like a champion.

Should i wear make-up?
    If the squad you are trying out for does as part of their uniform then I say go for it. You want to show them you are prepared to be one of them. If they do not stress the use of make-up then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Go in with make-up that you would normally wear on a normal day then - be yourself.

Does that put me at an advantage or disadvantage?????
    I think that puts you more at an advantage. It can allow you to see what the rest of the competition has to offer. You can then step up your game if you need to. Make sure that you do not let yourself get psyched out if someone is really good though. Concentrate on going out there and having fun while doing your best. Let the results take care of themselves - so to speak.

Best of luck to you!
    I hope you do well.
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Omg thx 4 ur help!! I made the squad and im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o happy :)))))))))))))))))))))
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Mar 30, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Congratulations!

That is excellent!

I am very happy for you!

:)
    :D
    herringelizabeth Posts: 17, Reputation: -5

Mar 30, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Okay my cheerleading tryouts are on thursday!!!!!! Any advice? My toe-touch is pretty good now, i have sharp motions, and good spirt. But what do i do if i mess up? Should i ask to re-do it or will i get points deducted? Should i wear make-up? And also we drew our numbers today and im the last one. Does that put me at an advantage or disadvantage?????
    My mom used to be a cheerleader leader, just pratcice a lot and if you need more info my e-mail is [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testing new lines with sealed stub-outs [ 4 Answers ]

Dumb question(s) time. I have just run new hot and cold water lines for a new vanity. I have stubbed them out for the eventual installation lf 1/2" compression 1/4 turm shut-off valves. My question is how can I test that branch for leaks when the water won't get there until I cut the sealed ends...

Steel Pipes, Clean Outs and Roots [ 2 Answers ]

We just used trenchless technology to replace a pipe outside that had extensive root damage. Unfortunately this didn't fix the stoppage that we had. We just had a rooter service come in tonight and they went through a different clean out. They went 140 feet and were able to clear the stoppage. ...

Help with try-outs [ 3 Answers ]

Hey my try-outs for my high school cheerleading suad is march on the sixteenth and I can't do a cartwheel that well or a roundoff and my toe touches aren't that well either do think I will make it and do you have anything you can say about it?

How to burn best quality DVD outs from NERO VISION 4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have uncompressed avi in 720/405 resolution. And I would like to burn a DVD as a NTSC formate. I used best setting in Nero. But the output is looking so bad. Can any one help me how to get a Best result from NERO...

View more questions Search