Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quickyhelp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 12:45 AM
    What the answer would be?
    Hi everyone. I'm Justin and I'm gay. Since some three weeks back, my boyfriends has been having problems with his family which has learnt about his homosexuality. We have been fighting to be together since the last few weeks as his mother was not accepting him and prevented him to see me. Now the fact is that, for several days, his mother showed some comprehensive reactions concerning his homosexuality as my boyfriend was giving his mother explanations on what is to be gay and all. His mother gave positive answers but she came to a point saying " my son, i listened to you and understood what you meant; now its time for me to talk , i will take you to the doctor at the local hospital and will tell him that you are attracted to boys only. If he says there is no cure, i will accept you but if he says there is a treatment, you will have to do the procedure and i will accept you only when you are straight"... that's my bf's mother's answer. So my question is, for the doctors who are on this website here, or anyone who can help; what will be the doctors answer?. should I worry? Will I loose my boyfriend? Please help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 12:51 AM
    Where do you live and how old are you ?

It appears you are younger children, since "boyfriend" is living at home and his mother controls his movements and life. So in general, if he is in US or Canada, his mother controls him till he is 18.

As for as "change" there is really no way to change a person if they are gay, truly gay, if you are 14 or 15, often boys and girls are actually confused about sexual feelings and they often discover and do change feelings

Next what type of doctor ? A medial doctor will ask mother, why are you wasting my time with this nonsense.

Most counselors will say that he is fine. BUT, but, there are some counselors that do believe gays can be changed, and do counseling for this. New laws in California will not allow this type of counseling any longer.

Sep 4, 2013, 12:56 AM
    OK thanks :).. its a general medical doctor... and his mother will be ready for anything. We live in Mauritius.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 01:08 AM
    General medical doctor will think mother is silly
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 01:41 AM
    This is case in point as to why "you can't fix stupid."

Homosexuality is not a disease. Therefore, there is no "cure."

Sep 4, 2013, 01:49 AM
    Thanks :).. is there any doctor around this website who can just give his opinion on this fact?.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 01:51 AM
    This is fact, not opinion. There is no medication designed to stop homosexual feelings.

Sep 4, 2013, 04:29 AM
    Thanks. That's the answer I wanted ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics question... with answer, yet I don't know how to get the answer. [ 2 Answers ]

In order to qualify for the finals in a racing event, a car must achieve an average speed of 270 Km/h on a track with a total length of 1410 m. If a particular car covers the first half of the track at an average speed of 232 km/h, what minimum average speed must it have in the second half of the...

When writing an Answer do you have to re-state each count/paragraph or just answer? [ 8 Answers ]

I am wondering if I have to type the exact counts and paragraphs and then admit or deny each or can I just admit or deny to the number indicated?

View more questions Search