Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jay Dave2311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 03:36 AM
    Difference between megger test and micro ohm meter
    What is the difference between micro ohm meter, insulation resistance tester and Dielectric tester because basic function of all is to check the effectiveness of insulation of the cables and wires..? And which one is most preferable AC or DC..?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2013, 05:04 AM
    They are polar opposites... one measures very high resistance by design... the other very low...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric symbols on volt/ohm meter [ 1 Answers ]

What are definitions of the symbols on a simple volt/ohm meter ?

What is a Megger meter or tester use for, can it test the insulation on a wire? If no [ 6 Answers ]

What is a Megger meter or tester use for, can it test the insulation on a wire? If not what can I use to test insulation?

Ohm meter reading to test thermocouple for carrier model 394jaw048080 ? [ 12 Answers ]

Great site! I have a Carrier Model # 394JAW048080 The blower does not come on and after the pilot is lit (electronically) the main gas does not come on. I previously had a tech come out and diagnose the thermocouple for temp overlimit a few years ago and I replaced the unit for $15 in 5...

Can I check a solenoid with a ohm meter? [ 3 Answers ]

My lawn mower click one time upon turner the key,Thinking that I had a solenoid problem I removed it from the mower. I have since found this web site and now I am not sure. I have a volt meter and I was thinking I could test the switch with it. HELP:confused:

View more questions Search