Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    velmaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Craftsman Lawn Tractor, Model: 917.27690, Kohler engine
    Craftsman Lawn Tractor, Model: 917.27690, Kohler engine

It will die after about 15 to 30 minutes of use. Let it sit for about 15 to 30 minutes and it runs another little while and repeats process. About a year ago we clean the fuel solenoid and it ran great the rest of the season, but now it is happening again. The solenoid is an expensive little part and is also difficult to get to. My question is, can I remove the solenoid and not replace it?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Hi,
    My guess would be that you need the ignition module. It could be fuel related, but the time you describe also is indicative of ignition. A few machines have no solenoid, like the Deere STX38.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears lawn tractor 917.27690 [ 4 Answers ]

Will Not start sounds like it is out of timing and the carb. Gets flooded.Craftsman lawn tractor 26.0 hp. Eletric start ,Kolher engine model 917.27690. What could be the problem?

Craftsman 26 HP Lawn tractor # 917.27690 [ 1 Answers ]

I seem to have a problem with the hydro transaxle in pullling a load up a hill. It seems to make a noise and barely goes although the engine seems to have plenty of power.

The engine on my craftsman lawn tractor, model 917.28813 dies [ 3 Answers ]

When I go to engage the blades the engine dies. If I immediately disengaged the engine recovers. My seat switch seems to be working fine - if I stand up it cuts out and won't start unless I am in neutral, seated and brake on. However, one of the blades does not rotate well.. it's stiff and...

I have a craftsman riding lawn tractor model #917.276050 It has a 22HP briggs engine [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a Craftsman riding lawn tractor with a 22HP briggs and stratton enging in it. I mowed the lawn last week and it ran fine,parked it this week went to start it and it started but it just backfires through the carb what should I check. Thanks Jerry

View more questions Search