Ask
    nykkyo Posts: 132, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Ac PTSD
    Be onset by a toxic spouse?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2013, 09:37 AM
    Sorry, this is much too general. Please provide details if you want an answer that will be relevant.

I worry about terms that get thrown around too much because they are the favorites of the day. Spouses fight. If you are going to use the word toxic, you need to prove it. If you feel you have PTSD, you need to describe your symptoms.

Sep 2, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Sorry, this is much too general. Please provide details if you want an answer that will be relevant.

I worry about terms that get thrown around too much because they are the favorites of the day. Spouses fight. If you are going to use the word toxic, you need to prove it. If you feel you have PTSD, you need to describe your symptoms.
    That sounds too philosophical to me instead of understandable.I'm not claiming affliction; but are continual belittlement, public discrediting and dismissal contributors.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Any stress that is continual can cause PTSD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PTSD...a&channel=fflb

I have been fighting it myself with some things I have to deal with. Mine is more adrenaline stress, which may be, I would think, a starting symptom.

Sep 2, 2013, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Any stress that is continual can cause PTSD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PTSD...a&channel=fflb

I have been fighting it myself with some things I have to deal with. Mine is more adrenaline stress, which may be, I would think, a starting symptom.
    Thanks. Just curious abut the situation. Not there.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2013, 03:46 PM
    Can you tell us why you stay with a man who is like this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2013, 03:48 PM
    Zen Pizza: Identifying and Dealing with Toxic People

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PTSD getting the better of me [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a combat vet. I have PTSD. When I first came home I was cold to the bone. I couldn't feel anything for anyone. Then I started lashing out at family members and others. Saying hurtful things when they bothered me. I thought I was getting better at one point, I had a good job and I was...

PTSD is it me? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok long story guys but I have recvd positive feedback from this site during a breakup and wanted to revist and see if someone out there can help me through this storm. I have been going through a storm recently and this magnified several ongoing situations. My dad recently contacted me and...

Could I have PTSD? [ 2 Answers ]

I never knew what PTSD was until today in my abnormal psych class. The teacher went over symptoms and I began to tear up, because in many ways, this is so familiar to me. First let me start with my childhood and go on to today. I grew up in a very poor and drug abusing household (I was even a...

View more questions Search