Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanmaestro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 08:18 PM
    My 12 amp homelite corded electric mower blows the circuit breaker(s) when I pull the
    My 12 amp homelite corded electric mower blows the breaker on whichever plug I use. I have changed cords - same problem. How do I fix the mower problem?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 01:31 PM
    Hi,
    A blower of that amperage of course must be plugged into a minimum of a 20 amp breaker though 30 amp would be better, and have a 12 Gauge cord probably 100 ft. or less.
    That is quite a bit of amperage when a discussion of voltage drop comes into play.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2013, 03:11 PM
    At start up, the mower probably pulls more then the breaker rating. While a breaker should hold off a temporary overload, as a start up, it could be weak or a motor drawing much more than 15 Amps. Since it blows from every outlet, I'd suspect the motor. I'm sure Clarke meant mower, not blower, although the concept is the same..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 amp homelite electric mower won't start up [ 1 Answers ]

We borrowed my in laws mower and I did half the grassy area, turned it off (let go of the handle). Went inside to check the time and now it will not start! I took the mechanism on the handle you use to start it apart and it seemed fine. Any suggestions? I would hate to have to buy them a new mower...

My heat won't come on and my house is electric. I check the circuit breaker & OK [ 1 Answers ]

My heat won't come on nor the fan and my house is all electric. I checked the circuit breaker, its fine.

View more questions Search