Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamanana8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Neighbor harassing me
    Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting so bear with me. I live in a trailer park when the landlord has made two apartments out of one trailer. My front neighbor was nice at first but he has become unbearable the last 9 months. For instance, his latest thing is stomping his floor and banging on the walls at all hours of the night.
    I have two small dogs and this causes them to bark. I just found out he's been video recording my house without my consent. He also has made me move my satellite dish because he call the service provider and stated it was on his property. He owns nothing here. He pays rent just like I do.

I keep to myself, my daughter comes and visits me, but when she comes over he always has something to say about her children. He also hangs signs on his porch that are written to harass me. I have spoken to my landlord about him, but when he says anything to him, it's worst on me.

Any suggestions will be so welcomed.

Thank you for your time
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 06:08 PM
    Sadly there's really not much you can do other than move. You can call the cops if he's harassing you, but you'd have to be able to prove the harassment. He, in turn, can call the cops on you as well, especially if your dogs are barking late at night. It would just escalate the situation.

If your landlord is not willing to do anything to stop this, you really don't have a lot of options. At least none that are going to end what he's doing.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2013, 06:51 PM
    He sounds unstable. Maybe alcohol or who knows what.
    I hope you can find better living conditions. In addition to everything else, fire is a constant hazard living that close to to others. Can your daughter help you find better conditions? Good luck to you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2013, 07:13 PM
    You have every right to put your own video recorder up and that might be something you can use to your advantage in the future that proves he is the problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 03:50 AM
    He may record the ourside of his home if he wants, if that happens to include your home, he can do that.

If he makes too much noice at night, call the police about it. Not landlord.

Also most likely this is a illegal rental, and I bet no zoning approval was gotten to do this.

But move, if it is that bad, just move.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2013, 04:29 AM
    I sympathize, but wonder what his side of the story is. He was nice at first, you say.
    For instance, none of you own any land there, but you have a space around your trailer that others can't encroach on. Apparently you did, with your dish.
    He says things about your grandchildren but you don't say what, nor what his signs say. You may 'keep to yourself' but I can imagine the kids running around bothering others.
    Then there's the banging and stomping vs. the dogs barking. We don't know which starts first. And we don't know what other noises there are being made. Some people crank up their TVs to volumes that would fill an outdoor rock concert.

All I'm saying is that this is he said/she said. Unless he crosses the line and harms you, there is not much you can do except either talk it out or move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassing Neighbor [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any knowledge of new laws, etc. regarding stalking, harassment, damage to property by a certified derranged neighbor? Bought a new home less than a year ago. He thinks the right of way is his to mow, set his trash on and we own the land on both sides of the road which he enters...

Harassing neighbor [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are separated. And I live ith my father. My neighbour whenever possible tries to tell me something bad about my parents and that my father is a bad person and that I am bad too. Also says that my parents have a bad character. I just can't hear that anymore and also know that my parents...

I have a neighbor that is harassing me [ 7 Answers ]

I have neighbor who is harassing me about my dogs. He really trying to distract his wife from the fact that he is having an affair with the women on th other side of him. So he daily tells his wife took keep an eye on me because of the dogs. He has lied to police on a number of occasions and I...

Harassing Neighbor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a friend named Mae and Jasper who live in Capitol Heights, MD. They have a neighbor who lives next door to them who has been calling the police, ambulance, fire department or whoever on them for the past 18 months. They have been down to the courts but no one is helping them. The court...

Harassing Neighbor [ 12 Answers ]

We moved into our house 7 months ago and our neighbor has called several times to complain about various things. The latest phone call was in regards to my husband smoking a brisket for MY birthday party! She claims that the smoke hovers in her back yard and she and her husband are not able to...

View more questions Search