Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilovegreen1254 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 12:04 AM
    Strange addiction.
    I don't know if anyone else does this, but since I was really little there was always this certain fabric that I would run against my lip. It's just a habit I've been doing since I could first remember it. If someone has the same problem, is there a name for it or does anyone else do this? Am I the only one. It's like a stress reliever and it also helps me fall asleep. Anyone else do this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 1, 2013, 12:22 AM
    I don't think there's a name for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of other people don't have something similar. I had a 'habit' for much of my young life (don't know when I stopped) of lightly running my lips over the little hairs on the back of my hand. It isn't really an addiction unless you are compelled to do it constantly, especially in situations that are embarrassing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2013, 05:18 AM
    It's probably simply a subconscious type attachment to fond memories from when you were young
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 07:37 AM
    There is a skill that can help lowering your emotional response that I learned. It uses the 5 senses of which touch is. There is nothing wrong with doing it. If it helps lessen your stress levels and high emotions great to you for finding a coping mechanism.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suffering from strange addiction [ 67 Answers ]

Hi I don't exactly knoow in what field of medicine my problem lies but I think it is an addiction I have a stupid habbit of rubbing a piece of cloth between my fingers. I know anyone reading this will think of me as stupid but I have no other option left but to ask for help in this manner cause...

Strange noise from strange critter [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a popping sound, like large rain drop falling on metal, and located a critter that looked somewhat like either a larvae, or a flat worm or such on the window sill, about 1/2 inch long and maybe 1/16 inch wide... one end, about 20% of the critter would lift and make a popping sound I could...

Addiction [ 1 Answers ]

I got this site from my mother. My question has to do with alcohol addiction. I've read everything from taking revia, baclofen, and I take wellbutrin. The main thing is I don't like hurting my family. One of the things with al anon is to not support addiciton. The problem is if I drink I...

View more questions Search