Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pearl26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 02:29 PM
    My girlfriend wants a break
    My girlfriend and I have been together for six months. We fell madly, madly in love. We told each other that we wanted to be together forever. She is 27 and I am 26. When we first got together she never wanted to be away from me, spent the night at my house everyday, she ended up quiting school and quiting her job and then freaked out. She became very distant from me for a while but she always said everything was fine she just isn't in a luvy dubby mood. So that made me get even more luvy dubby wich made it worse. So then I backed of a bit and then she got a really good job that is a potential carrer and then we were doing wonderful again... just like before. So she starts her 8 week training program and for the first 4 weeks we were doing AWESOME! But then out of nowhere she came to my house one day and said she needs a 4 week break to get through the rest of her traing, no contact at all. I played it very cool and was very supportave and told her I hope she's does great and she left. I didn't show her I was sad or mad. Its been two weeks and I haven't contacted her. Then I went to her house today to get all my clothes just because I knew she was at work.. and all the pictures of me are gone from her room and my clothes were in a different closet in the house. Im just confused and don't know what to do.. do you think she really wants a break or is breaking up?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Were you supposed to be at her house?

If so, you can be VERY DIRECT.

Ask her why your pictures are all down?
    Listen for a pause in her voice... See what she says.
    Good luck.

Either she's got a new redecorating style or she's reorienting her life.

PS - nice going so far. Way to let her get her space without drama.
    Now it's your turn...
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Mar 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
    well my x did the same thing. All of the pictures she had of me were taken down.

only thing is she was cheating on me. Might be diff situation for you though. Just thought id add this.

she may want to break up. You'll know after this break. Trust me.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
    She dumped you (sorry) or as above maybe she is cheating (though your on a "break" so is it cheating?)

She just doesn't want the awkward conversation, the questions, the calls asking her to reconsider while she is doing this training. Come on, she can't see you or even call during a training class? I don't buy it, she wants to move on or maybe be single for a while.

Once this passes, she might want you back, but this sounds like a dumping.
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Mar 27, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Did you ever think maybe she really just needs time to get through training? And the break might be hard for her as well therefore even looking at your pictures and clothes hurts.. you might have a good women who just needs to get herself back together, nothing to do with you. The other people do make good points about the cheating and break ups, but depending on how old she is mentally, she might just need to find herself and this break and new job training is what she needs right now to do so. All you really can do is wait, in the mean time don't beat yourself up thinking only negativly.. it really doesn't help time pass.. believe me...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 08:19 PM
    she ended up quiting school and quiting her job and then freaked out
    While you two was doing the luvy dovy, her life went into the toilet, and you didn't care did you? Not good or healthy, and if she is smart she will get her life back together and dump you on your butt, as you are not supportive of her life at all, but rather selfish, and have a narrow view of what important in a relationship. It's a lot more than lovey dovey pal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 10:03 PM
    disagrees: Its hard to say everything that went on, do you feel like reading 5 pages? I treated her like queen, always motivating her.. those were her choices.
    We can only form opinions on what you write. The more facts the better, the more accurate your facts even better. Either way she will let you know how she feels in a few weeks, maybe. Until then give her the space she ask for.
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Yea guy, lets go deeper... trust me I did, and it helped me.

Sometimes I think I went alil too deep, lol but it helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend And I On Break, Be There For Her? [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend are on break, her choice not mine, but we are also best friends in ever way and we both love each other more then anything, and I really mean that its not a silly high school relationship this is real, we've both felt it. I know I should go with the break and go check out...

My girlfriend said she needs a break [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend tonight told me that she wants 2 weeks. She says she's still committed to me and still loves me but she wants to take a 2 week break from the relationship to see what happens. She said she wanted to slow things down a little. She also said if we don't get back together we will still...

Girlfriend wants to break up... [ 13 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 7 months and then just out of the blue she starts cryng while I'm talking on the phone with her and says she wants a break, and it hit me hard real hard, I had no idea what to do and I was all confused and hurt and feeling like crap. And then the next...

My girlfriend wants a break... [ 12 Answers ]

Ive been with my girlfriend for over two years now. Im a junior in college and she just started this year. She lives at school but its only like a 45 min drive from where I live. We have a great relationship. We both love each other very much and would do anything for each other. But over the past...

Girlfriend Says She Needs A Break [ 29 Answers ]

Well To Give A Little Heads Up On What Happened... Before We Were Dating She Knew Most Of My Family For A While And That's How I Met Her. Well We Were Dating For About 6-7 Months And Then Out Of The Blue She Said She Is Getting Too Stressed Out With Her Issues In Her Life And My Insecuritys . Now I...

View more questions Search