Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FishnChips Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Hiv
    Hi I'm a 31 year old male, Last night I had my first bi encounter during anal my condom broke. He says he has only been with 4 others and always practices safe sex even though we didn't use condoms during oral and he did arse to mouth on me. I'm so scared and I don't know what to do now, I'm not sure how long until I can get tested or anything else I should be doing after this horrible experience. Please doc help me
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 31, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Hi,

See your doctor, now.

Protocols for testing vary. Usually at least 3 tests are given.

You'll be given a rapid HIV test. This will tell you if you are ALREADY infected.
    You may test again at 30 days - if it is negative it is not conclusive.
    A test at 60 days, while not conclusive, is considered a good indicator of your status.
    A test at 90 days is usually considered conclusive.

Signs of an HIV infection can often resemble the flu shortly after exposure.

Hope it helps.
    FishnChips Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by medic-dan View Post
    Hi,

See your doctor, now.

Protocols for testing vary. Usually at least 3 tests are given.

You'll be given a rapid HIV test. This will tell you if you are ALREADY infected.
    You may test again at 30 days - if it is negative it is not conclusive.
    A test at 60 days, while not conclusive, is considered a good indicator of your status.
    A test at 90 days is usually considered conclusive.

Signs of an HIV infection can often resemble the flu shortly after exposure.

Hope it helps.
    So I should get tested asap or in 30 days. Thanks
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 31, 2013, 03:28 PM
    I would also like to point out that in fact you CAN get HIV from oral as well.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 31, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Get tested NOW. It's important to know IF you've already been exposed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get HIV from.. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get HIV from sharing makeup (eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss) with someone that you may not know there sexual history. Also can you get HIV from open mouth kissing (french kissing). Sorry if these questions seem silly and uneducated, but this has been running through my mind and worrying me....

HIV can it get in the way? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I have a question for anyone who might know but I will say that I'm very scared to ask. Is it possible to have a baby with a sergeant mother even if I have hiv? See the problem is that I was with a partner for 3 and a half years and found out that in the last four months of our relationship...

HIV,is it possible? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the window period for HIV to show up on a test? A friend had a sexual encounter with someone he had just met during a trip. I am not sure the number of times or duration of their affair. His trip was not more than a week and he had no contact with her since his return. He was...

View more questions Search