Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley56765 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 11:53 PM
    Arm neck back pain, chest pain takes effort to swallow and unintentional weight loss
    Arm neck back pain, chest pain takes effort to swallow and unintentional weight loss
    Is this GERD or something else?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2013, 05:18 AM
    Something else. Unless the weight loss is from eating less and you just don't realize it.
    You need a complete workup. You can't get this diagnosed online.
    It might be a very correctable problem such as an esophageal hernia, so don't hesitate to see a doctor (not an ER).
    ashley56765 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 12:06 PM
    I forgot to include that I burp even though I haven't eaten yet :(
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2013, 03:15 PM
    What are you hoping to be told? You just aren't going to get a diagnosis without tests - in person. Your symptoms sound painful and 'unintentional weight loss' is something to have looked into ASAP.
    I understand that many people have no money and no insurance. You call around everywhere, to find a free or sliding scale clinic, or work out a payment plan after you are seen, and fill out a financial statement.
    I've had heartburn for the last 15 years or so of my 66 years, with no reflux. I get away with Tums. I had my gallbladder out. The various things that can go wrong with your gallbladder vary a lot. I mentioned a hernia. It could be all sorts of other things! NO ONE can know online!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest and arm pit pain [ 3 Answers ]

For a few weeks now I've had pain under my armpit to the aide of my chest up to the top part of my breast its more on the right but sometimes on the left. The pain is also in my shoulder and my face is numb. What can it be??

Chest and neck pain [ 8 Answers ]

I have moderate to severe pain that is in upper right chest/neck area and is worse when moving from sitting or reclining to standing. Also some central chest pain. I feel sensation of heartbeat sometimes in neck area. Need help. What do I do? Been going on for several days. Had echo of heart one...

Chest and arm pain [ 3 Answers ]

I put my right arm across my chest towards my left shoulder and I got a sharp pain near my heart , down the middle of my chest and at the top of my right shoulder what does this mean?

Chest and left upper arm pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am only 21 years old and have had chostriocondritus, not sure how to spell, in the past causing chest pain. A few nights ago and tonight I am having dull pain in my lower chest that radiates to the under part of my left arm. It also goes arounf to my upper back and shoulder. When I push on the...

Douschund chest/under arm pain [ 3 Answers ]

Why does my douschund yelp when I pick her up by her upper chest or under arm area?

View more questions Search