Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdogclayson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 03:57 PM
    MTD yardman 5 HP Chipper how do I separate the carburetor from the fueltank
    I have a 1996 MTD 5 HP wood chipper, I am trying to separate the carburetor from the fuel tank but it will not release from the back of the carb. Does anyone know how to separate the two. I have to clean out the carb so it will stay running.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Hi,
    Would be helpful to have the engine brand, or at least a machine model number. MTD has a relationship with some Chinese engine manufacturers no.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Draining gas from MTD 5Hp wood chipper [ 1 Answers ]

Pull on rope handle engine sputters won't turn over... Checked air filter, replaced plug, fresh gas... Pulled on rope for several hours, rope handle broke, replaced it... stills sputters...

Yardman chipper,shredder, leaf vac [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Yardman (MTD 5.5 horse) chipper, shredder, leaf vac that is self propelled. I need to replace the drive belt but don't know how to remove the propeller to get the belt off. The model # is 247-203B401, '97 model. Can anybody shed some light on this ? Thanks.

Yardman MTD not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Yardman MTD that will not start. When turning the key it makes a very loud noise, but does not turn over.

MTD 5.5HP Chipper/Shredder [ 25 Answers ]

I have the mentioned unit and I can't get it to turn over. It has a pull string starter and it doesn't seem to generate a spark. Should I check the plugs. I don't use it much and did not drain it for storage. But I have a lot of debris from branches that came doen in a storm so I really need it. ...

View more questions Search