Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lcriner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 07:13 PM
    Is this company legit Max Rapid Finance in jamacia
    I am trying to get a consolidation loan, and thia company email me and said I was approved for 20000 loan. I want to know if this company is legit. Thanks

>Email address removed per site rules.<
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 07:16 PM
    I doubt it, but if it is they probably charge really high rates
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Not sure that I would trust a financing company based in Jamaica. The fact that you're asking about it means you have your doubts as well.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 07:58 PM
    I looked up jamacian loan scams. It says do not trust any 876 phone number.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 11:34 PM
    No company is going to loan someone in debt trouble that much, without it being backed by property or something.

If it is too good, it is. How much is the fee for the loan ?
    Lcriner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 11:36 PM
    They ask for me for 3 different options. A home or car that is paid for,3 payments of the loan upfront to keep in escrow until the loan is paid in full,or an insurance policy for accident or out of work policy, They said I should get funding in about 4 hrs after the process?
    pondering2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 12:19 PM
    Oh... guess what? I did that and chose option, 2? And I got an email from a surety company saying they would issue funds on behalf of Max rapid if they renig on binding contract. Max Rapid is now giving me the runaround on my loan.. They guarantee with in 24 hours and now it has been 3 days and I get a call saying the lender found a discrepency in my credit and they took the loan away.? I ask why? As I have a binding contract that was signed with Max Rapid, guranteeing the funds with 24 hours.
    So, the contract is different than what they say verbally.. and I got a call today... so, I may be s.o.l... for 3 payments! If this company is a fraud!
    I email the surety company to collect... no answer back yet!
    Don't do it if you ask me... at this point, I feel I lost that fund...
    :(
    My next step?
    Report to who? Complain to who? Do what? To inform public?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 01:13 PM
    Sounds like they are a scam. Offer you the loan, take your payments up front, then they can't deliver on the loan.

And you're right... being in Jamaica, there is nobody you can complain to at all and pretty much no way to recover your loss.
    owenj Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 01:30 PM
    That's weird, I secured a $7,000 loan on Monday and I received it on Wednesday. Did they tell you what the issue was why you have not received your loan amount?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by owenj View Post
    Thats weird, i secured a $7,000 loan on monday and i received it on wednesday. Did they tell you what the issue was why u have not received your loan amount?
    What's the interest rate for repayment?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Thats weird, i secured a $7,000 loan on monday and i received it on wednesday. Did they tell you what the issue was why u have not received your loan amount?
    ... And what made you decide to search for this and then sign up here to tell us that?

I mean, the others had complaints so I could see them searching for other complaints and finding us. If you were happy, what made you search it out now?
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 01:36 PM
    When I was looking this up as a potential scam it said it is illegal to borrow money from Jamaican loan companies. Not sure if that is accurate but I wouldn't trust them.

Aug 30, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What's the interest rate for repayment?
    My interest rate is 11%.

Aug 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    ...And what made you decide to search for this and then sign up here to tell us that?

I mean, the others had complaints so I could see them searching for other complaints and finding us. If you were happy, what made you search it out now?
    I searched for this because I referred my friend and she found this and showed it to me so I'm confused because I received my loan from them.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 01:54 PM
    I searched for this because i referred my friend and she found this and showed it to me so im confused because i received my loan from them.
    You work for them, don't you? You're from Jamaica, right? And you work there and you're here to tell us how great they are so people will do this scam... come on, tell us the truth now.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 02:40 PM
    Well a moderator mightt be able to tell if he is from Janacia and trying to advertise
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Well a moderator mightt be able to tell if he is from Janacia and trying to advertise
    No actual advertising yet -- just rah rah-ing.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I know what you're saying but I don't need a mod to tell me he's working for them. It's entirely too obvious.

He came on here saying how great the company is... then he had some lame reason as to why he found this thread... to finish it off, I threw it out there and he hasn't been back to tell me I am wrong... because he can't tell me I'm wrong.

Too many scammers and spammers do this type of thing and they are not very good at it.

Sep 2, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Look I have no time to be joking around on this you have time to waste. I applied for a loan and got it. I referred my friend and she got nervous and showed me this. Stop arguing with me go argue with them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 08:40 AM
    look i have no time to be joking around on this u have time to waste. i applied for a loan and got it. i referred my friend and she got nervous and showed me this. stop arguing with me go argue with them.
    What's your general location?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is a certain company legit? [ 2 Answers ]

Good Day Please kindly advise, how do I find out if a company is legit. I have the company name & address only. Many Thanks Natalie

How can I find out if a company is legit? [ 12 Answers ]

I recently thought about starting my own business! However; trusting in a company overseas is abit difficult.. they have a trail order which I can order a few items.. So, that seemed OK.. but, the shipping charges are included into the price and they want the money first but , then they send the...

Is this company legit [ 1 Answers ]

Michelle Matthews Wealth Development Certification Program is this company legit?

How Do I find out if this company is legit? [ 3 Answers ]

I had recently gone online to apply for a loan to pay off my vehicle and some bills I asked for $7,000 and got approved with the bad credit that I have. I have to question this... because every time I call this guy he is very unprofssional and he says the name of the company is Epic Financial...

Is this company legit [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if this business opportunity is legit, is this company legit. ITP (International Trading Place) Address: ispahan road Killorglin Co. kerry Ireland Website:usitp.co.uk/ Phone#866-644-7820

View more questions Search