Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jadeberg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Temporary child support
    I live with my husband and inlaws (inlaws house)and my 2 yr old son. I want a divorce, but I know he will contest it because he won't let me have my son. I have no money that I can use without his knowledge.I want to leave with my son but want to do this without hurting my case,I don't want husband to take baby until court has given custody to whoever.what do I do? Would it be wise to leave and talk baby to my parents or wait it out and get a place of my own then take baby and move out? Either way I will have to wait until he is at work because he will never let me leave with my son. Please (someone that
    Knows what they are talking about) Help. Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
    In SOME states the child goes with the mother until there is an order in place. What is your state? I would have everything lined up and ready to go before I left. Then immediately file for full custody.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 12:49 PM
    Your parents don't have the right to the child over the father... Don't let spite get in the way here.. it will work against you.

What's wrong with the father having his child after all, his rights are no less than yours... any final custody will be decided by the court in any case... children don't fall under the addage of possession being 9/10 of the law after all. The most suitible parent will get the custody with the other visitation rights.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Do your parents live in the same general area? In the same state? If they don't live far, then moving in with your parents and immediately filing for divorce would be the best tactic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary Foster Care and child support [ 1 Answers ]

A child has been placed in temporary foster care, can the state come after the biological parents for child support?

I have a temporary court order for child support... [ 4 Answers ]

I have a temporary court order for child support and am currently still married, waiting for my husband to finalize the settlement agreement that I presented to him over 3 years ago. Needless to say I have exhausted my resourses battling him for a divorce. My husband, our child's father, has...

How long does a temporary child support order last in California? [ 2 Answers ]

I was just informed by a county clerk that my child support order is only a temporary order and that there isn't an actual judgement against me. This is news to me since my son is now 14 going on 15. Besides his legal last name being in question (neither mine or his mothers last name is given to...

Father has temporary custody seeking child support [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 children from my previous marriage. My son is 14, daughter 12. I have had temporary custody for almost 5 years. The cusotdy order states their mother has supervised visitaion. My attorney advised that when I received temporary custody, to leave it at that for the time being and see if...

Temporary Child Support Modification [ 6 Answers ]

My ex and I have been divorced since Feb 2007. Our divorce agreement says we have to split visitation during summer and school vacations 50/50. He has never taken them during ANY vacation. I am now working and if he doesn't take them this summer for his time, I will have to put them in daycare 2...

View more questions Search